Thread: Worried about my period

Worried about my period

Hi everyone,
    I know there are a few posts out there about heavy periods and large clots, but I am having one from hell this month and even though I am trying ti stay calm, it is hard, considering how I am feeling. My periods have been quite longer on mini pill (cerazette), but they are not normally that heavy with this amount of clots and anything after the initial 6 to 7 days of normal to slightly heavier bleeding resembles spotting more than anything.
    This time the period started a little earlier and I am already on day 5 or 6 and now bleeding more. What I wanted to know is what others see as heavy period. It is quite unusual for me fill up the pad over night for example and this morning it was full. After that I could fill it every couple of hours, not quite as full as overnight, but pretty full. And these are maxi night pads. I am trying to not focus on this, but I am so worried it will get worse and pretty much feel scared to go to bed tonight in case it starts going even more 🥺
    I had a few exams and endometrial biopsy this month due to some irregular spotting (waiting on results, due to see consultant next Friday), just to confirm there is nothing more and it is due to cerazette, but I wonder if this could have affected my period. It has been 2 weeks since. I am now worried about the results, although ultrasound was normal.
    Thank you!
    Millie
    Last edited by mila; 18-10-21 at 19:51.

Re: Worried about my period

Hi Millie,

I'm sorry you are struggling. I definitely bleed that much, mainly off the pill as I'm on the pill to help with heavy periods and bad cramps. I still get cramps and bleed a bit on the pill - but less so. I was off for a bit and was going through an Ultra tampon in like 4-5 hours - clots too. My mom was the same way so it's definitely genetic.

Since you've had exams I would say that you're likely in the clear, as if something were wrong they would have mentioned it, but it may be worth an ask as I know that heavy periods are no fun!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Re: Worried about my period

Thank you so much, Poppy! Some test came back fine, but still waiting for results of the biopsy. They told me that the procedure could make me bleed for a few days, which was very mild. But I hope this is nothing to do with it.
    I would be happy if it was every 4 to 5 hours :-( I am trying to see if my pad will last 3 hours now...I am so worried I will start feeling more lightheaded and faint...don't think I will sleep tonight.

Thread Information