Thread: Diabetes

Diabetes

Hi my husband just had his blood work done and in 6 months he's managed to drop his glucose level 40 points but his A1C is high. He's understandably upset because he's afraid the doctor is going to force him on diabetes meds. He eats very healthy and works out a lot but has a high stress job. I think it's the stress that is causing the high a1c but doctors are pill pushers and don't want to listen to that. I'm having chest pain and a panic attack because my husband has bad anxiety episodes about this and I don't know how to help. He goes to his Dr Monday to have her officially read the results so she may not even recommend diabetes meds since he has no symptoms. However he was traumatized by our last quack Dr who constantly trying to push meds on him and telling him he was crazy. The stress is going to kill me. I'm dealing with my own stuff too and when my husband isn't home I spend a lot of time crying and having panic attacks. I try to only lose it when he's not around so I'm ok when he is but I'm having a hard time keeping it together. Any advice for either of us? Thanks

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Re: Diabetes

Hi, I'm a type 2 diabetic and have recently started taking diabetic meds as my readings increased. Health anxiety also seems to be have been with me over a few years now. As regards the diabetes the meds help suppress the high sugar blood content to reduce any risks to your health so its better than ignoring your doctors advice.

Thread Information