Thread: Worried and constantly checking my legs for swelling

Worried and constantly checking my legs for swelling

I have been away from this site for awhile, its been a few years and I've been doing well with my anxiety.

But over the last few months I have found myself really prodding my legs checking for swelling, this was brought on by noticing some slight pitting over my left shin bone several years back and it comes and goes. It is really limited to my left shin bone odd enough.

I have had 2 echocardiograms performed since 2014 the last being almost 5 years ago and were normal and so I really don't what the deal is. It is most noticeable after work or after I've sat around for hours. Never visibly swollen. I would like to add that I do consume a lot of processed foods and my sodium intake is probably high though I don't track it, I don't drink a lot of water and I never exercise but am not overweight, I also have to stand all day and then when I come home I sit the rest of the day and so yeah I am not doing my circulation any favors.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and share some of my experiences lately, it's been a little tough at times but I have managed to brush it off.

Re: Worried and constantly checking my legs for swelling

Quote Originally Posted by Thelegend27 View Post
    I have been away from this site for awhile, its been a few years and I've been doing well with my anxiety.

But over the last few months I have found myself really prodding my legs checking for swelling, this was brought on by noticing some slight pitting over my left shin bone several years back and it comes and goes. It is really limited to my left shin bone odd enough.

I have had 2 echocardiograms performed since 2014 the last being almost 5 years ago and were normal and so I really don't what the deal is. It is most noticeable after work or after I've sat around for hours. Never visibly swollen. I would like to add that I do consume a lot of processed foods and my sodium intake is probably high though I don't track it, I don't drink a lot of water and I never exercise but am not overweight, I also have to stand all day and then when I come home I sit the rest of the day and so yeah I am not doing my circulation any favors.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and share some of my experiences lately, it's been a little tough at times but I have managed to brush it off.
    I read your post and honestly wondered if an old post of mine had somehow resurfaced! I've had the exact experience. For years! I can't say that I can offer any advice other than to stop checking it. I occasionally will notice mine, but overall I've stopped. Eating less salt & more water may help. I think some of us are just going to get the shin puffiness thing unfortunately. Im female so I think mine also gets worse at certain times of the month, but I'm not even sure of that.lol I can say, im fine in that regard. It hasn't gotten any worse since I first noticed years & years ago. Hope you find peace with this soon.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Re: Worried and constantly checking my legs for swelling

I noticed my right ankle was a little thicker than my other. My Dr told me it's possibly water retention. I'm female so I know my hormones don't help the problem either. Could be too much salt and not enough water? Try drinking more water and getting some movement to help circulation. I hope you feel better!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Thread Information