Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Workplace bullying out of control

Workplace bullying out of control

Ok my supervisor just sent me and the 8 other employees on my team this long rambling psychotic email threatening us with termination for stuff we haven't done but stuff she's done to us. I literally got a chill down my spine like when you are afraid of someone. My anxiety just went to fear. We can't report her because I don't know if her boss approves of this. It seems a lot of corporations encourage this irrational behavior. Just wondering if anyone here has been through this. I've had male bosses threaten me but it's creepier being she's a female 20 years younger than I am.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Re: Workplace bullying out of control

Personally I would speak to HR about it. It doesn't sound like appropriate behaviour so they may be able to shed some light on the situation.

Agreeing with Catkins here - if this is happening to a large group of you, then it's definitely worth speaking to HR.

Do not reply to her message. Talk to your co-workers and report it as a group to her manager and to HR. Regardless os whether the bosses condone it or not this will leave a paper trail, and can be used in case of future problems. Also keep a calm tone in your message, and stick to the facts.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I've been in this situation 2 timed before. Me and a bunch of coworkers reported an abusive boss to HR. I got fired and everyone else turned on me and bad mouthed me to the company. It never works.

Is it worth looking for a new job?

Hey BlueIris
    I've put my resume out there. But unfortunately here in the US this behavior is considered acceptable and often encouraged and rewarded by companies. Our labor laws here are terrible. I've been in this situation many times before. I've been sexually harassed, physically threatened and humiliated by bosses and it usually ends with me getting fired for speaking up or quitting because I can't mentally deal with it or I'm afraid for my safety. The last situation I was in I went to the police and they wouldn't help me. This is the workplace norm here.

Quote Originally Posted by ldickerson1973 View Post
    Hey BlueIris
    I've put my resume out there. But unfortunately here in the US this behavior is considered acceptable and often encouraged and rewarded by companies. Our labor laws here are terrible. I've been in this situation many times before. I've been sexually harassed, physically threatened and humiliated by bosses and it usually ends with me getting fired for speaking up or quitting because I can't mentally deal with it or I'm afraid for my safety. The last situation I was in I went to the police and they wouldn't help me. This is the workplace norm here.
    While it definitely happens, its not the norm here and the laws do protect you if you utilize them. Having been unfairly singled out in a work situation, I utilized technology and doccumented the abusive behavior. Not that I would have stayed at the job but it garnered me a very generous separartion package. I could have taken it much further with a lawyer and such but to me it wasn't worth it. I just wanted out. Like I said, technology is your friend in these cases.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Believe me I've tried the documentation thing. A co-worker actually recorded our boss abusing him and screaming at him. I've been to lawyers I've been to the police. No one wants to touch any kind of Labor dispute or workplace bullying situation. The laws here are very bad. I think my only option is to stick it out as long as I can and possibly find something else.

If you're willing to go the legal route you will have to find a lawyer that will handle it. But, for that you need the proof and evidence. I mentioned this back in your other post.

It's odd that this has happened 3 times in a row at 3 different companies. May I ask what the bullying is over? Are you a shy timid person for example?

Another job might be a good idea, but stick at the one you have until you find alternative work imo.

If you want to record evidence get a USB dicataphone. I have a Sony one.

Good luck

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information