Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Workplace bullying out of control

Re: Workplace bullying out of control

No the problem was and I think is is the fact that I'm intelligent and educated and these managers have been intimidated by me. It's like I have a Target on me the second I walk into these jobs. Bullies and narcissists are afraid of people with integrity and intelligence. And it wasn't only me at these jobs. I just seem to be the one that they would single out. At one of the jobs the boss was physically assaulting some of my male coworkers. I was the only female there. We all went to human resources and complained. Nothing was done of course. And then he started up with me again and started posturing at me and making me physically afraid. I left the job site and called my off-site manager crying scared out of my mind. She agreed with me his behavior was wrong. She had experienced it herself several times. And then a few hours later I received an email of termination. Companies don't want the stuff getting out. They protect the criminals and the bullies and let the victim suffer.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Human resources is not there to protect employees. It's to protect the interests of the company. I watched a girl at another job get fired because our boss was stealing commission from all of us. And there was me and another girl who were standing up to him and challenging him because our paychecks were always short. So in His infinite wisdom he decided to fire that other girl and blame it on us. So this just shows you how irrational these people are. And most people just sit back and are afraid to say anything.

May I ask what line of work you're in?

Hi BlueIris
    I've done several jobs. I've done collections, administrative, real estate. Right now I do research.

That's tough; I'm sorry this sort of thing keeps happening to you every time.

Wired.
    Trust me it's not that odd. I hear workplace bullying stories all the time. It's acceptable behavior to lots of companies. I recently found out the girl I replaced at my current job left because this same manager was harassing and bullying her. I wish I had known this before I started.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    That's tough; I'm sorry this sort of thing keeps happening to you every time.
    Thanks. I think it's also been a bad series of jobs I happened to accept. When you are in this situation you take the first thing you can find so you can get out of your current situation. And I guess I just wound up choosing badly. Plus people with emotional issues and narcissistic traits seem to get promoted to manager a lot because they are willing to engage in unethical behavior to get promoted. I'm not willing to do that. Plus I can't stand by and watch people get hurt at work or have my wages stolen. Narcissists don't like being called out for their behavior so they make you look like the troublemaker. My brother, sister in law, several friends and past coworkers have all been thru it too. It's pretty rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by ldickerson1973 View Post
    Believe me I've tried the documentation thing. A co-worker actually recorded our boss abusing him and screaming at him. I've been to lawyers I've been to the police. No one wants to touch any kind of Labor dispute or workplace bullying situation. The laws here are very bad. I think my only option is to stick it out as long as I can and possibly find something else.
    Again, I disagree. My experience was very different. I had video, contacted a lawyer, met for a consultation and had plenty of ammo. The attorney was more than willing to take on the case and actually advised me to use that to my advantage which I did and used it to get the separation package.

Theres more here than meets the eye from what I'm reading.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Again, I disagree. My experience was very different. I had video, contacted a lawyer, met for a consultation and had plenty of ammo. The attorney was more than willing to take on the case and actually advised me to use that to my advantage which I did and used it to get the separation package.

Theres more here than meets the eye from what I'm reading.

FMP
    Well thanks for doubting me and assuming I'm hiding something. I suggest you don't try to ,"help" by accusing people of hiding things. You have no idea of what I've been through. Must be nice to judge other people because you feel you have all the answers. Go on a workplace bullying group on Facebook or Quora and you will quickly be outnumbered by people who haven't had your luck. Maybe there's a rape victim somewhere you should be blaming for their rape.

I'm really sorry, but maybe don't compare workplace harrassment to rape? I've been on the receiving end of both, and I find that quite offensive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information