Thread: Stool looks like it's been sprinkled with black pepper?

Stool looks like it's been sprinkled with black pepper?

I have IBS and have dealt with it my whole life, but I also have really bad health anxiety and so I tend to second guess things a lot despite knowing my bowels work in mysterious ways. This went so far once that I got a colonoscopy done. It's been five years since that and it was totally clean, no polyps, just hemorrhoids. I do spot the occasional bright red blood when one of those goes and I know not to panic about that.

However, over the last few days I noticed something that's starting to really freak me out. I've been using the restroom more often, though everything I pass is both well-formed, brown, and soft. It also happens to be speckled with fine dark granules that I can't identify. They're the size of a pinprick, very fine, and they look almost like black pepper. They're both outside and inside the stood, and when wiped they pull away on the paper. No streaks, no overall discoloration of stool, just... peppered. This has been happening for the last four days. Granted I was constipated for days 2 and 3 and passed very little that wasn't pellet-like.

I haven't really had much pain, just some occasional pain along the left size of my colon, pretty typical for IBS. Also it's very mild and intermittent, enough to be noticed but not enough to make me stop what I'm doing. It's also become much less frequent over the last few days. I've also been a bit bloated, gassy, and rumbly, but also pretty stressed out about all of this so I don't know how much is just typical IBS garbage.

Far as what I've been eating that's consistent over this entire period of time: Tuna fish and pickles on Great Grains Bakery multigrain bread (with pepper prior to this starting but since it started I've not put any on, I've had this nightly.), regular saltine crackers, bran flake cereal, and during the last couple days I've had bananas and peaches.

I know this is a lot and I'm so sorry for rambling on. I have no money right now, I'm stressed because I've lost a ton due to car repairs. I'm just worried that like... could this be blood? Has anyone else experienced this? I really need to just talk to someone.

Re: Stool looks like it's been sprinkled with black pepper?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruxin View Post
    They're both outside and inside
    My question is; Why are examining your stools to this degree?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    My question is; Why are examining your stools to this degree?

FMP
    I'm not exactly. I can see it on the stool in the bowl, and after I wiped I looked at the paper and observed excess stool broken apart, which makes it apparent it's both in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruxin View Post
    I'm not exactly. I can see it on the stool in the bowl, and after I wiped I looked at the paper and observed excess stool broken apart, which makes it apparent it's both in and out.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have this all the time if i look closely enough.

Thread Information