Thread: Anxiety getting worse regarding ocd contamination.

Anxiety getting worse regarding ocd contamination.

POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING.

I have been getting very intense anxious thoughts with regards to my ocd contamination.

For example, today I ate some baked beans and part the way through, I got a new spoon out of the dishwasher. The spoon was very dirty and hadn’t been washed properly, when I used the dishwasher yesterday. I am now very anxious, thinking I’m gonna get poisoned. The first spoon I used, I rinsed under the tap cos a bit of food was also on a pan I used, which I’ve cleaned.

Also, I worry about germs on my floors. I don’t get too anxious about that but the problem is, if I know part of the floor is dirty and there’s something important nearby. Something I need to keep. I can’t bare the thought of keeping it even if I cleaned it first.

When I ordered fish and chips online and they’ve got delivered in a carrier bag and no paper around the box, I haven’t eaten them. I ordered a dinner online. Won’t be doing that again. One time, it got delivered without a bag.

Any advice and support much appreciated.

Re: Anxiety getting worse regarding ocd contamination.

Hi there ...

I understand, I have a problem with other people touching my food. I used to ask them to wear gloves and I got the feeling they added "special sauce" if you know what I mean. I only order from 1 place because I trust them and know they understnad my OCD; they know me real well. Otherwise, I don't trust just anybody to make my food. I'd rather eat PBJ. \

Hope all is well

~Sal

Re: Anxiety getting worse regarding ocd contamination.

I’ve had OCD fear of contamination of varying levels of severity dependent upon circumstances for around 20 years and it is tough.

Last week I opened a tin of vegetable soup, there was a weird looking piece of carrot in the soup so to me that had contaminated the whole tin and I threw it away. This happens quite a lot actually.

I’ve thrown away whole meals that I’ve cooked because something has accidentally touched something else which has contaminated the whole plate.

I rarely order takeaway now because I’ve been known to thrown away whole pizzas because the cheese looks odd.

The dishwasher is good for me because it means I don’t have to worry about my partner not washing the pots well enough but I do still check every plate, bowl, glass, knife, fork, spoon etc for water marks or fingerprints. I’ll rinse anything that looks like it’s been contaminated before I use it.

To me this has become a normal part of my daily life but I’m aware I need to seek some help for these intrusive thoughts and fears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information