Thread: Overactive bladder?

Overactive bladder?

I know this subject has been posted a few times in here, but this is really getting to me now. The more I obsess about it, the worse it gets. Urine issues have never been a problem before, but I started following some OAB strategies. I've been doing kegel exercises but these along with all lifestyle recommendations take time. I've been holding the 'urge' for a few extra minutes, but that starts to hurt after a few times.

Re: Overactive bladder?

For me, it was even entering my dreams. I dream I'm looking for a place to pee. I've been on the meds and supplements for two weeks but its going to be at least 6 months before I know it its working. One day at a time.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    For me, it was even entering my dreams. I dream I'm looking for a place to pee. I've been on the meds and supplements for two weeks but its going to be at least 6 months before I know it its working. One day at a time.

FMP
    I've had the 'needing to urinate and being unable to' enter my dreams on numerous occasions, which is probably a blessing in disguise because it's subconsciously telling me not to wet the bed.

I have those same issues of needing to urinate excessively on occasions and one other client who used to attend my old day centre, who could be a rather selfish, interfering busybody even made personal remarks to me over my frequent toilet visits back then, but I've had several tests and nothing untoward was found.

Hi, I just did a post on this subject under "health anxiety." I hate OAB more then anything.
    You have to be very careful dealing with it. I do 3 hour bladder training and try to distract myself in between. My worst hours are from 10-2 or 2:30 - the shank of the day when My GAD is dominant.
    I have a little $30.00 TENS unit that I use to stimulate acupuncture points. Today I just placed 2 of the leads on either side of my bladder for 15 minutes and that seemed to help. Have you become obsessed with your urinary trips....succecssful or not, in that did much come out? I find during the day my pelvic floor is so tight not much urine comes out in the wee hours of them morning (like 5 AM) its like Niagra Falls.

Thread Information