Thread: Allergies out of nowhere! Help!!

Allergies out of nowhere! Help!!

Hello everyone

For the past couple weeks I have been coughing, had watery eyes, sneezing, etc.

They have came out of nowhere. I have never had allergies before. IDK if it something in my house. One person told me it is mold but there is no mold in my house. I have lived here for 3 years and never had these symptoms before.

The weather report said that there is a high level of ragweed in my area. But why would I all of a sudden develop allergies like this?

I wonder if I should go to my Dr.

Re: Allergies out of nowhere! Help!!

Allergies have been brutal this Fall. Why not try an OTC allergy med and see if it helps?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Allergies seasonal or otherwise can develop at any point in ones life. You can try an over the counter allergy medication and see if it helps.

I have never taken one before. Are they safe to take with cholesterol medicine!

Quote Originally Posted by THoltz View Post
    As far as I am aware there is no interaction. You can try an over the counter medication like Claritin or Zyrtec (to name a couple), these won’t cause you to be drowsy. Benadryl is good and it works but I wouldn’t recommend taking it during the day until you know how your body reacts to it as it’s known to cause drowsiness in some people.

Quote Originally Posted by THoltz View Post
    Yes. I've been on both for many years. There are also nasal sprays (Flonase) that do a pretty good job as well but a generic Zyrtec or Claritin should do the trick. Give them at least a week or two to really start seeing a difference.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information