Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breast tissue issue

Breast tissue issue

Does anyone else have large firm areas in their breast? Different in each one? I wasn't even worried about this because I know my breast are just lumpy & I had a mammogram 3 yes ago and told I had cysts. However I have my first annual mammogram tomorrow (40) and my dr did ask for a "diagnostic" mammogram instead of the usual screening mammogram. I had just assumed it was because of the cyst thing but now its getting to me. This month has been tough with the HA. This is my last test for the year & just praying I can get through it without a follow up.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Re: Breast tissue issue

Hi there, I have a few areas in my breast just like you describe. Large and firm. I was told before they are areas of fatty tissue.
    I also have cysts, they are quite common.
    I don't know what to say to you about the diagnostic mammogram because I don't know anything about it.
    At least you're having your mammo tomorrow so the waiting is nearly over.
    Best of luck with it anyway. I'm sure everything will be fine but let us know how it goes xx

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    Hi there, I have a few areas in my breast just like you describe. Large and firm. I was told before they are areas of fatty tissue.
    I don't know what to say to you about the diagnostic mammogram because I don't know anything about it.
    Best of luck with it anyway. I'm sure everything will be fine but let us know how it goes xx
    Thank you. Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    And thank you for the reply. Its just the testing that gets me going. Im not worried before but as soon as I know I'm having a test done....My mind goes nuts! And to be honest I'm not sure what my normal even is at this point. Im glad the mammogram is tomorrow and ill have answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather1234 View Post
    Thank you. Will do.

I had the mammogram & now wait until I can get an ultrasound. The last time I went they did the ultrasound directly after, but she said they were short staffed. I feel like God is trying to teach me patience

It's a pity you didn't get the ultrasound as well today. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for it.
    Did they give you any results for the mammogram cause I know sometimes they tell you there and then?

She said "I didn't see anything concerning" however, she was the one who did the mammogram. She was the radiologist. So the HA in my doesn't know how much to believe that. I do get comfort from it though.

Correction: she was not the radiologist

It's really good that she said that. I know she's not the radiologist but she wouldn't have said something like that if she didn't know what she was talking about.
    If I looked at a mammogram I wouldn't have a clue what I'm looking at. She obviously does so I think it's really good what she said

Try to relax and take comfort in what she said

Thank you I know you're right. Plus I'll feel better after the ultrasound. They can look under my arm too. I did hear that I can go in tomorrow, so thats another positive!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information