Hi,
I just wondered if anyone struggles with feeling very beneath everyone else, and just a total stranger to 'normal' people. I didn't see my friends for a while because of H anxiety and other reasons, but I'm back to seeing them all again which is lovely. But, because of my illness I've not worked since I qualified 2 years ago as an OT. My friends are all married, kids, work full time and I'm just pathetic really. I care for my Mum, I get an allowance for that. They know that and are very supportive. But lately, when I see them, they say things like come on you're wasting yourself, you'd feel so much better working part time, or getting your driving license. Which yes, correct, I'd feel great. But I just feel like I have no excuse for my existence at the moment? Apparently being a carer means nothing and everyone thinks I'm wasting myself. I don't know if I'm paranoid, or what. I know they genuinely mean well but the comments don't make me feel good. My partner says the same but in a more scathing manner 'youre 34 why aren't you driving, why aren't you back in the gym, the house should be tidier' ill add on top of my own illness my dad died suddenly last June, the height of lockdown (UK). Just wondered if anyone had similar feelings? X