Hi, Hoping you can help and I am sorry this is such a long post but thankful if you read it.

I am 51 and have Generalised anxiety but especially around health and I am in good shape and do weights and exercise but since my 40's I have had worries about my prostate but it all checked out ok previously (several years ago). I used to go to the toilet for a pee too frequently and hardly anything come out until i got the all clear from the test and then everything returned to normal. I still can't pee next to people but that's typical urine shyness.

However for the last year i have been worried about prostate problems again as i was getting up every night to pee and the doctor suggested a PSA test that scared me so much that i couldn't go for one so i have left it for a year and i was generally ok in my mind until i went to A and E a month a go due to a complete anxiety meltdownand they suggested a doctors appointment for a DRE exam if i couldn't do the PSA test, i went for the dre exam as the results are instant and the Dr confirmed that my prostate felt ok and normal for a Man of my age ? but i should still get a PSA test

Then a few weeks a go i noticed i was hesitating before my first pee in a morning and I rung the doctors to get help with my Anxiety to face up to a PSA test and was prescribed beta blockers that I have stopped taking because my worry wasn't going and last week as i was working from home I sat down to pee to relax and found i was stopping breathing so i concentrated on breathing and i could pee after some hesitation

This week though I am off work with more time to think and I am hesitating every morning for about a minute or more before I can pee and even then it stops and starts and then the same thing throughout the day.

I have though only got up in the night to pee either once or not until about 6.30 in the morning

Later in the day if I can distract myself enough and keep really busy I sometimes manage to pee after only a short hesitation and then have a good flow so i am hoping the problem is psychological

I have also seen a physio and i have an imbalance in my muscles and need to concentrate on my core as i have one weak glute and one tight glute and tight hamstrings and i have been doing a lot of Kegals so I am thinking my pelvic floor could be too tight due to the squats and kegals i have been doing.

I am trying to cling to the hope that my problem is psychological and trying to get my anxiety sorted to go for a PSA test because that's all anyone tells me and understandably so.. I should get the PSA test but i am so scared and would just shut down and give up if i got results

Has anyone had similar issues and have a way to overcome it ?

Thank you for reading