Thread: Guy trouble peeing

Health Anxiety and trouble peeing

Hi, Hoping you can help and I am sorry this is such a long post and maybe specific to men but hoping to get help with the anxiety and thankful if you read it.

I am 51 and have Generalised
    anxiety but especially around health and I am in good shape and do weights and exercise but since my 40's I have had worries about my prostate but it all checked out ok previously. I used to go to the toilet for a pee too frequently and hardly anything come out until i got the all clear from the test and then everything returned to normal. I can't pee next to people but that's typical urine shyness.

However for the last year i have been worried about prostate problems again as i was getting up every night to pee and the doctor suggested a PSA test that scared me so much that i couldn't go for one so i have left it for a year and i was generally ok in my mind until i went to A and E a month a go due to a complete anxiety meltdownand they suggested a doctors appointment for a DRE exam, i went for that as the results are instant and the Dr confirmed that my prostate felt ok and normal for a Man of my age ? but i should still get a PSA test

Then a few weeks a go i noticed i was hesitating before my first pee in a morning and I rung the doctors to get help with my Anxiety to face up to a PSA test and was prescribed beta blockers that I have stopped taking because my worry wasn't going and last week as i was working from home I sat down to pee to relax and found i was stopping breathing so i concentrated on breathing and i could pee after some hesitation

This week though I am off work with more time to think and I am hesitating every morning for about a minute or more before I can pee and even then it stops and starts and then the same thing throughout the day.

I have though only got up in the night to pee either once or not until about 6.30 in the morning

Later in the day if I can distract myself and keep really busy I
    can manage to pee after only a short hesitation and then have a good flow so i am hoping the problem is psychological

I have seen a pbysio and i have an imbalance in my muscles and need to concentrate on my core as i have one weak glute and one tight glute and tight hamstrings and i have been doing a lot of Kegals so my pelvic floor could be too tight.

I am trying to cling to the hope that my problem is psychological and trying to get my anxiety sorted to go for a PSA test because that's all anyone tells me and understandably so.. I should get the PSA test but i am so scared and would just shut down and give up if i got results

Hi, Hoping you can help and I am sorry this is such a long post but thankful if you read it.

I am 51 and have Generalised anxiety but especially around health and I am in good shape and do weights and exercise but since my 40's I have had worries about my prostate but it all checked out ok previously (several years ago). I used to go to the toilet for a pee too frequently and hardly anything come out until i got the all clear from the test and then everything returned to normal. I still can't pee next to people but that's typical urine shyness.

However for the last year i have been worried about prostate problems again as i was getting up every night to pee and the doctor suggested a PSA test that scared me so much that i couldn't go for one so i have left it for a year and i was generally ok in my mind until i went to A and E a month a go due to a complete anxiety meltdownand they suggested a doctors appointment for a DRE exam if i couldn't do the PSA test, i went for the dre exam as the results are instant and the Dr confirmed that my prostate felt ok and normal for a Man of my age ? but i should still get a PSA test

Then a few weeks a go i noticed i was hesitating before my first pee in a morning and I rung the doctors to get help with my Anxiety to face up to a PSA test and was prescribed beta blockers that I have stopped taking because my worry wasn't going and last week as i was working from home I sat down to pee to relax and found i was stopping breathing so i concentrated on breathing and i could pee after some hesitation

This week though I am off work with more time to think and I am hesitating every morning for about a minute or more before I can pee and even then it stops and starts and then the same thing throughout the day.

I have though only got up in the night to pee either once or not until about 6.30 in the morning

Later in the day if I can distract myself enough and keep really busy I sometimes manage to pee after only a short hesitation and then have a good flow so i am hoping the problem is psychological

I have also seen a physio and i have an imbalance in my muscles and need to concentrate on my core as i have one weak glute and one tight glute and tight hamstrings and i have been doing a lot of Kegals so I am thinking my pelvic floor could be too tight due to the squats and kegals i have been doing.

I am trying to cling to the hope that my problem is psychological and trying to get my anxiety sorted to go for a PSA test because that's all anyone tells me and understandably so.. I should get the PSA test but i am so scared and would just shut down and give up if i got results

Has anyone had similar issues and have a way to overcome it ?

Thank you for reading
    Last edited by smoothiefun; 29-10-21 at 10:05.

Re: Guy trouble peeing

I'm currently in an anxiety spiral but have contacted doc today over some symptoms. Worried sick basically but had to do it. Hopefully there will be someone else who can offer more useful advice.

Re: Guy trouble peeing

Thank you, I hope the docs can give you the reassurance you need, worry is awful when it gets out of control @sleepless65
    Last edited by smoothiefun; 27-10-21 at 11:19.

Thread Information