Thread: Has anyone had the Epley Manoeuvre , I am due to have it for chronic balance issues

Has anyone had the Epley Manoeuvre , I am due to have it for chronic balance issues

Hi everyone. I have had chronic suspected BPPV vertigo for many years which has debilitated my life to a huge extent. Has anyone had this please? i am just so worried that it will make my symptoms worse by exacerbating them , I do suffer with health anxiety, can anyone please help ? thank you so much in advance..

Re: Has anyone had the Epley Manoeuvre , I am due to have it for chronic balance issu

Hello
    Firstly I’m so sorry to hear about this. I have had episodes of vertigo for years but it happened more frequently during covid , triggered by extended screen time wfh.
    In October after another severe attack I saw a consultant who diagnosed vestibular migraine , not BPPV at all. I have not had the epley manoeuvre done but a gp sent me exercises to do by myself called Brandt daroff which did help. It does make you feel worse initially but will help ‘retrain’ the eyes/ brain.
    I find taking sturgeon travel sickness pills at first sign of dizziness helps too.
    I’ve tried to copy the link I was given . I hope it works
    https://www.wsh.nhs.uk/CMS-Documents...-Exercises.pdf
    All the best Bronte x

Re: Has anyone had the Epley Manoeuvre , I am due to have it for chronic balance issu

I know this is an old post - but for anyone who may come across it. I was diagnosed with BPPV after my most recent case of Covid and my doctor did the Epley maneuver immediately in her office and it was amazing. My dizziness was gone for over a week. I then did it myself at home (she showed me how - and there are youtube videos) when I started to feel dizzy again. It may be because this "longish" covid symptoms was temporary, but after doing it a few times over the course of a month or so, I'm almost never dizzy. It's a wonderful, simply, and noninvasive treatment!

I did the Epley maneuver on my BPPV once (I only had it come on for the first time, and after a few hours decided to try this) and it went away instantly!
    My aunt who suffered with it for weeks, tried it once too and it was gone instantly. Works like a charm!

Thread Information