Thread: Can't rationalise - please help

Can't rationalise - please help

I'm really looking for help with what I think is HA but my brain doesn't want me to believe that.

I know you might think this sounds silly and some of you will say here she goes again (and I don't blame you) but I'm trying to deal with HA on my own and it's so difficult.

Worried about one of my children again. I thought I saw redness in one of my son's eyes (he's 20) a few days ago but can't be sure. Not in the white part but like the redness you'd see in a photo sometimes. I know if you see one red eye in a child in a photo it's a bad sign. But I don't even know if I saw it.
    It was night time so the lights were on. I was standing underneath the room light which was a fairly bright one with no shade around it and he was facing me, so facing that light too.
    And that dangerous red thing I'm thinking of, does it only happen in a photo? (maybe caused by the flash or something) and is it usually young children who get it?

I know I'm probably reassurance seeking here, but I also would like to ask how to challenge this thought if it is just HA.
    I'm hoping it is just HA but my anxiety won't let me believe it at the moment.

Sorry again if this seems like more of the same old crap from me. Reading over my previous posts it does seem like just another one but that doesn't make it any less scary

Re: Can't rationalise - please help

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    I'm really looking for help with what I think is HA but my brain doesn't want me to believe that.

I know you might think this sounds silly and some of you will say here she goes again (and I don't blame you) but I'm trying to deal with HA on my own and it's so difficult.

Worried about one of my children again. I thought I saw redness in one of my son's eyes (he's 20) a few days ago but can't be sure. Not in the white part but like the redness you'd see in a photo sometimes. I know if you see one red eye in a child in a photo it's a bad sign. But I don't even know if I saw it.
    It was night time so the lights were on. I was standing underneath the room light which was a fairly bright one with no shade around it and he was facing me, so facing that light too.
    And that dangerous red thing I'm thinking of, does it only happen in a photo? (maybe caused by the flash or something) and is it usually young children who get it?

I know I'm probably reassurance seeking here, but I also would like to ask how to challenge this thought if it is just HA.
    I'm hoping it is just HA but my anxiety won't let me believe it at the moment.

Sorry again if this seems like more of the same old crap from me. Reading over my previous posts it does seem like just another one but that doesn't make it any less scary
    I think what you're referring to is if one eye shows red in a photo (yes, just a picture) then it can signal something. This is only in children, because their pupils are larger than adults. The light from the camera reflects off of whatever is behind the pupil. And the "red eye" is considered the normal eye in this situation. The eye not showing red is considered the issue.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Re: Can't rationalise - please help

"I don't even know I saw it" but your HA is telling you that you saw something "sinister" ie "a dangerous red thing".

So..if you were to contact your GP about this, how would you explain it and what do you think the GP would say? What do you think your son would say if you told him you had seen this "thing" in his eye?

Thread Information