Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Struggling to find a vaccination centre that's open

Re: Struggling to find a vaccination centre that's open

I’d just like to say that you should be feeling so, so proud of yourself right now. The fact that you don’t drive, and are agoraphobic- yet you still managed to somehow take public transport 70 miles in one day to be vaccinated, is a huge accomplishment. Well done!!! Seriously amazing, I’m so happy you managed to do this. You didn’t let your anxiety push you around, you told it who’s boss. You’ve proven to yourself today that you can do anything you put your mind to.

also agree with others, it’s absolutely appalling you had to go that far for a vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I’d just like to say that you should be feeling so, so proud of yourself right now. The fact that you don’t drive, and are agoraphobic- yet you still managed to somehow take public transport 70 miles in one day to be vaccinated, is a huge accomplishment. Well done!!! Seriously amazing, I’m so happy you managed to do this. You didn’t let your anxiety push you around, you told it who’s boss. You’ve proven to yourself today that you can do anything you put your mind to.

also agree with others, it’s absolutely appalling you had to go that far for a vaccine.
    Many thanks for your kind comments! It is, but at least it's done now. What happened was that my anxiety kicked in hard the evening before I was due to go down for the jab and remained very high the next morning, so I realised I wouldn't feel much worse if I went down and got the jab which was what I did.

A very challenging day though and I'm glad I got through it and did what I had to do. Hopefully one day I'll be able to put all this behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Well done! It must be a relief to have got it.
    Thanks, yes it was. I'd been looking forward to getting it done since the end of the summer.
    Last edited by graham58; 27-11-21 at 15:01. Reason: Trying to remove all the blank space at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Glad you got it sorted, Graham. What a journey. They need to sort access out but it's hardly a new programme so it doesn't promote much confidence in services.
    No it doesn't. I think they need to find a more flexible system which can cope with smaller numbers of jabs being administered at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You did so well to cope with such a challenging journey both there and back, Graham. It's appalling that you had no other option to get a 2nd jab. Makes a mockery of the so-called roll-out system in Cornwall.
    Yes it does. I think I was lucky though to be able to find a pharmacy which had both a space big enough that it could be used for vaccinating people, and also a pharmacist who was keen enough that everyone should get vaccinated that he was willing to go the extra mile to make it happen.

[QUOTE=graham58;2027802]Many thanks for your kind comments! It is, but at least it's done now. What happened was that my anxiety kicked in hard the evening before I was due to go down for the jab and remained very high the next morning, so I realised I wouldn't feel much worse if I went down and got the jab which was what I did.

A very challenging day though and I'm glad I got through it and did what I had to do. Hopefully one day I'll be able to put all this behind me.[/QUOTE
    Anticipatory anxiety is such a beast but your attitude towards it was the very best way to cope..Nevertheless...70 miles is a real challenge and you were completely out of your comfort zone. I don't know how you did it but you did! You should feel very proud of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Anticipatory anxiety is such a beast but your attitude towards it was the very best way to cope..Nevertheless...70 miles is a real challenge and you were completely out of your comfort zone. I don't know how you did it but you did! You should feel very proud of yourself.
    Thanks! My next step is to try to find a long term strategy / treatment so that my anxiety doesn't get out of hand again. My trouble is that when it's not too bad, I tend to forget about it and put it on the back burner as other issues come to the foreground instead (like getting my teeth fixed at the moment, for instance).
    Last edited by graham58; 04-12-21 at 18:04.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information