Thread: Scared symptoms returning

Scared symptoms returning

It's been a while since I was here since I was actually doing better for a while. Last year was a hell of IBS symptoms, very severe from about January through the end of summer. I could barely leave the house because I was in pain and having to go to the bathroom constantly. Then I started working with a dietician who treated me for SIBO and I gradually improved. However now I'm starting to see some symptoms again, especially--waking up with abdominal pain and back pain, lower abdomen feels sore and very tender to the touch, painful bloating that feels like my belly is going to pop open. I still swing between constipation or waking up with an urgent need to visit the bathroom but I have been going a lot more frequently now. I had a 15 min virtual appointment with my GI a few weeks ago and she told me to take magnesium and sent me on my way. I feel like I have no one to turn to if my symptoms get severe again, I'm really worried. I don't want IBS to control my life again.

Re: Scared symptoms returning

Have you tried the FODMAP diet?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

No I have not. I try to eat mostly low fodmap fruit and vegetables but a full low fodmap diet doesn’t meet my nutrition needs since I’m already underweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Librella View Post
    No I have not. I try to eat mostly low fodmap fruit and vegetables but a full low fodmap diet doesn’t meet my nutrition needs since I’m already underweight.
    The FODMAP diet is not about caloric restriction/weight loss, it's about identifying and avoiding certain foods that aggravate your digestive symptoms. The wife and I have been on it for years and its really helped. If you follow what they say, keep a list of foods that get to you and restrict, eliminate and replace them with other choices, you'll really help yourself.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information