Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Left side joint pain

Re: Left side joint pain

Now I'm worried about the big nasties.....please God help me

Quote Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
    I also get shock pains in my left shoulder but not when I bend my head down though....everything points to one thing only....I always was hoping it was anxiety....
    It's easy to feel like everything points towards one thing, but neurological issues have thousands of causes, and a lot of the symptoms overlap. It's best to talk to your doctor. List EVERYTHING down, as there are a lot of symptoms you mentioned, and it will help them to get a better idea of what to look into.

I know you're concerned about one disease in particular, but that is notorious for having symptoms that are the same as other causes. So many people think they have that disease, people with complete numbness and loss of function in whole limbs, for weeks on end, yet it turns out to be something completely different. Some of these causes could be low b12, irritated nerves, spine alignment, lots of benign causes.

The best thing you can do is get your doctor to look into this for you.

Thanks WorryRaptor you seem to put my mind a little more at ease...
    I saw a MS ad on Facebook that mentioned you can have a nice life with MS showing a guy in a wheelchair with a big smile on his face.....
    I don't look at handicap parking spaces or wheelchairs the same anymore.....
    I'm very terrified ��

I saw a MS ad on Facebook that mentioned you can have a nice life with MS showing a guy in a wheelchair with a big smile on his face.....
    I'm very terrified ��
    but have you reached out to your doctor to discuss your fears?

I'm very terrified ��
    Try not to jump to the worst case scenario just yet (I know it's difficult not to!)
    Also, with MS, you don't always end up in a chair with it. In fact, many, many people live long healthy lives with it, and they don't end up in a wheelchair. My friends mum and great aunt both have MS, and one is in her late 70's, marching around with more energy than I could ever hope to have! The other is doing just fine too, and apart from an occasional blip, and some dips in energy, she's also living a very normal life. Now, I'm not suggesting you have it, not by a long shot, but MS is not something that immediately dooms you to a lifetime of misery.

Let us know how you get on with your doctor. Sending hugs of support your way!

My left foot is hard to feel sometimes and feels very heavy....

My left foot is hard to feel sometimes and feels very heavy....
    This thread is a month old. When do you see your doctor? Let us know what they say.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks again WorryRaptor
    I have some questions for everyone on these boards....
    Why are so many people on here worried about MS then ?
    Has there been great improvements in treatment of MS ?
    Is there a cure in the future ?
    Why isn't anyone on here afraid of Parkinsons ?
    A friend said Parkinsons will have a cure in 10 years

Thanks again WorryRaptor
    I have some questions for everyone on these boards....
    Why are so many people on here worried about MS then ?
    Has there been great improvements in treatment of MS ?
    Is there a cure in the future ?
    Why isn't anyone on here afraid of Parkinsons ?
    A friend said Parkinsons will have a cure in 10 years

I can't speak for everyone, but my guess is that MS has a pretty wide net of vague symptoms, so more people will experience them, and quickly jump to the conclusion that it's MS (when it isn't)
    There are disease modifying drugs for MS which can dramatically slow the progression, and at the same time, lifestyle changes can help towards slowing or for some, preventing any more relapses. There is a LOT of research going into diseases like MS, and with research comes more information, and a better understanding of how to slow/prevent progression and get closer to finding a cure.

I now noticed I have a large dent in my left front thigh muscle.....please help

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information