Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Left side joint pain

Re: Left side joint pain

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post
    Sorry to reply to this so late.

Have you written every symptom down and handed it to your doctor? Sometimes if we go in with a random symptoms here and there, the doctor won't have a larger picture to work from, and will investigate things one by one. According to one of my doctors, having everything all written down for the appointment helped them to gather more details about my problem than if I'd tried to convey it all in the appointment.

If all of these symptoms happen as a combination, write them all down and give them to your doctor. They're the professionals who will be able to see a pattern, if there is one, and I'm not saying there is. If indeed there is a pattern to it all, it's so much more likely to be something easily addressed

All I can say is that the symptoms you've listed, and the nature in which they happen really don't sound like any of the big sinister illnesses. The functional neurological disorder (totally benign) I mentioned previously can present a lot like MS. In fact, lots of harmless issues can mimic the symptoms too.

It can be easy to connect dots that really are not there. I had lots of symptoms of MS, even down to showing actual clinical signs that actually warranted investigation. I was sure I had it. But everything came back clean. Turns out lots of my symptoms were caused by low grade, chronic inflammation that would come and go in waves. Addressing the inflammation is something I'm working on at the moment, and I'm definitely feeling improvements. Your own symptoms could be something simple like this too.

There's no harm in going to your GP with these concerns. They will know what's best for you, and hopefully help you get to the bottom of why you're feeling like this.

I know it's scary, especially when you're feeling real symptoms, as they certainly don't help with anxiety levels. Sending supportive hugs your way.
    Thanks what big sinister illnesses were you referring too.....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
    Thanks what big sinister illnesses were you referring too.....thanks
    I just meant the ones you had mentioned before

Has your doctor ever examined you for a pinched nerve? Sometimes issues with the back or neck can cause a lot of weird symptoms.

I also wake up with both arms asleep and tingling.....with ringing in both ears

I also wake up with both arms asleep and tingling.....with ringing in both ears
    I think it would be a good idea to visit your doctor. You might have a pinched nerve or neck tension (it can cause a lot of ear trouble too) which they can definitely help you with

Thanks WorryRaptor,
    I'm unlike everyone else.....
    My symptoms seem to not come and go but are getting worse
    It's funny how so many people on this forum worry about a little twitch here and there etc....
    I don't see how a pinched nerve causes left side pain and twitching from ankle to neck
    For me I'm having a hard time walking with my ankle and hip....it's like I'm losing control of my own body.....

Everyone with health anxiety thinks they're unlike anyone else - I know I did.

Thanks WorryRaptor,
    I'm unlike everyone else.....
    My symptoms seem to not come and go but are getting worse
    It's funny how so many people on this forum worry about a little twitch here and there etc....
    I don't see how a pinched nerve causes left side pain and twitching from ankle to neck
    For me I'm having a hard time walking with my ankle and hip....it's like I'm losing control of my own body.....
    Ah sorry I meant the pinched nerve for your arms tingling. If you're having simultaneous symptoms all down one side, and having issues walking at the same time, and its getting worse, I do think you need to raise this with your doctor. If it is impacting your quality of life this much, then it's a good idea to get them to look further into it for you.

I'm going through some pretty awful one sided symptoms at the moment, so I understand how terrible and scary it feels. Reading other posts where people have transient and mild symptoms can feel all the more isolating when you feel like your own issues are just getting progressively worse, but it doesn't always mean it's going to be the worst thing.

I do not know if this array of so many symptoms is a good thing or bad....
    I also noticed my left eye/left side nose , left side of my chest and throat hurts a little off and on also
    Very worried ��

I also get shock pains in my left shoulder but not when I bend my head down though....everything points to one thing only....I always was hoping it was anxiety....

Go and see your doctor and get an answer

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information