Thread: Latest ECG says T wave inversions....feeling scared?

Latest ECG says T wave inversions....feeling scared?

I had an ambulance come out today as I had a lot of jaw, left arm and back/chest pain. The paramedics did an ecg, and I heard one paramedic remark to other that it looked like I had inverted T waves (I think in lead III) The other paramedic murmured that this is normal in young women (I’m not that young, I’m almost 30! And AFAIK never had that before)

They did another ECG which they said looked fine, and said the previous one might have been due to movement and the fact I was quite shaky. I know movement can cause funny things on the ECG but I didn’t know it could cause t wave inversion, never heard of this???

At the hospital they did another ECG and the doctor said it was fine and normal for me. I asked him about the T wave thing in the ambulance and he didn’t seem to care. He never took any bloods because he said I’ve had a lot of blood tests in the past, so I don’t feel very reassured and he very quickly looked me over then told me I could go home.

As far as I know my ECGs have always been perfect and I’ve had maybe 30+ ECGs done before, so this supposed new T wave inversion blip has got me really scared. I’m so terrified of SCD.

Re: Latest ECG says T wave inversions....feeling scared?

This is a non issue as subsequent tests proved normal so yes, movement caused it and you're fine.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Latest ECG says T wave inversions....feeling scared?

There are many reasons for inverted T waves and only a few reasons are significant, it all depends on the lead. An inverted T wave on lead III is a normal variant and if he said V3 it’s a common and benign finding in women of any age. The fact that none of your prior ECGS or the ones taken after show this means it was no doubt caused by movement.

For future reference you can not go by the computers interpretation of an ECG because there are a host of reasons why the computer will call a perfectly normal ECG abnormal. ALL ECGS are manually read by a doctor and so if your doctor said your ECG was normal you can trust that it was.
    Last edited by Careful1; 07-11-21 at 22:14.

Thread Information