I had an ambulance come out today as I had a lot of jaw, left arm and back/chest pain. The paramedics did an ecg, and I heard one paramedic remark to other that it looked like I had inverted T waves (I think in lead III) The other paramedic murmured that this is normal in young women (I’m not that young, I’m almost 30! And AFAIK never had that before)

They did another ECG which they said looked fine, and said the previous one might have been due to movement and the fact I was quite shaky. I know movement can cause funny things on the ECG but I didn’t know it could cause t wave inversion, never heard of this???

At the hospital they did another ECG and the doctor said it was fine and normal for me. I asked him about the T wave thing in the ambulance and he didn’t seem to care. He never took any bloods because he said I’ve had a lot of blood tests in the past, so I don’t feel very reassured and he very quickly looked me over then told me I could go home.

As far as I know my ECGs have always been perfect and I’ve had maybe 30+ ECGs done before, so this supposed new T wave inversion blip has got me really scared. I’m so terrified of SCD.