Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Small purple thread like veins on breast please help

Small purple thread like veins on breast please help

Can anyone help? I’m so so worried. I looked in the mirror this morning and my left breast looked like it had a patch of purple on the side closest to my chest, well I looked closer and it’s these little purple spider like veins but a lot of them. My other breast has a few but not as many. I’ve googled it and got myself into a right state. IBC symptoms showed a purple bruise like patch on breast and mine is purple. I’m not sure if it’s always been like that but I’ve got awful breast anxiety at the moment and this has really set me off. That hot white panic :(

Re: Small purple thread like veins on breast please help

Everyone has these. Please don't worry about them? You have purple veins on your breasts because you have breasts.

Do you think it’s okay that one breast has them and the other doesn’t really? My left breast has a big patch of them where the other doesn’t.
    I’m isolating at the moment due to waiting for a corona virus test and my mental health is bad

I think it's absolutely okay - after all, we're not symmetrical.

Sorry you're feeling awful, all I can say is that I suffer from rotten HA and this isn't something that would worry me in the least.

I bet they've always been there, or have come slowly over a few years. Many people with lighter skin get them, particularly as they get older, skin thins, hormones change or weight increases. I see my veins all over the place - and yes I have assorted spider veins on breasts here and there and not symmetrically.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I bet they've always been there, or have come slowly over a few years. Many people with lighter skin get them, particularly as they get older, skin thins, hormones change or weight increases. I see my veins all over the place - and yes I have assorted spider veins on breasts here and there and not symmetrically.

I’m unsure. But I’m very worried. It looks quite purple. I feel sick and panicked.
    I’m frightened it’s IBC.
    I do have light skin, but I’m sure they have increased, I don’t remember thinking my breast looked purple before. I wish I could post a photo to show it

I’m frightened it’s IBC.
    I know you are, but it won't be, as that wouldn't be the only symptom anyway.

I’m not sure what to think, I keep getting red patches on them too now which I haven’t noticed, and pain in my nipple which didn’t start until I worried myself. What other symptoms would there be?

Okay, this is where you need to take a breath and start working on your anxiety. You've received lots of advice, but you're making the choice to feed your fears. This is unhelpful to you and also kind of disrespectful to the people who've taken time to explain why you don't have anything to be afraid of.

I mean this in the kindest possible way, but start employing your coping strategies and get a grip. I know it sounds brutal, but I found myself in the middle of a violent panic attack earlier this week and I had to make the choice to do what was healthiest rather than letting it take control.

I’m trying but I’m so scared. My breast looks red and has those purple veins. It’s burning too. I’m spiralling into a hole.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information