Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Small purple thread like veins on breast please help

Re: Small purple thread like veins on breast please help

my brain is making it hard not too.
    Yes, its hard not to - thats why I referred to it as a 'fight' earlier in this thread, a fight to regain control over your habits. The biggest thing I learnt through my HA struggles was that the power of the brain can run out of control once you let pure fear drive it or you can harness it, because just as thoughts can trigger awful feelings, they can do the opposite. Everything you are feeling now, and every way you have learnt to behave (based on fear) can be undone. It takes a huge amount of effort to retrain your thought processes and responses to perceived threats, but the clues are all already on this thread. I can see why CBT has failed for you so far Chlobo, you aren't really believing in it, or engaging with the most basic of principles at this point. This isn't intended to be a criticism - but just stating that at this point (even 7 years down the line posting on this forum).

So, what cream did the doctor give you ? I tell you this for free - cream doesn't treat IBC !!!!!

Exactly. If you have the sort of IBC can be treated with cream, why are you worried?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Exactly. If you have the sort of IBC can be treated with cream, why are you worried?
    He said it’s like a moisturising cream I think with like a small amount of steroid in it. He said that E45 is also good and I should moisturise etc. I don’t really know In all honesty. I was in such a state, I just kept repeating the same thing is it cancer and he said no.

He said that E45 is also good and I should moisturise
    So, you basically have - a small dry little area of skin, if anything at all ! Here's my suggestion to you - stick some E45 on the area, take a look at your (probably underwired!) bra and see if its rubbing and where, check the size of it and if necessary wear something non-wired and like a vest top. Quit poking, leave the area alone apart from moisturising cream and look at it only when applying the cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    So, you basically have - a small dry little area of skin, if anything at all ! Here's my suggestion to you - stick some E45 on the area, take a look at your (probably underwired!) bra and see if its rubbing and where, check the size of it and if necessary wear something non-wired and like a vest top. Quit poking, leave the area alone apart from moisturising cream and look at it only when applying the cream.
    It doesn’t appear dry to me, it’s an area of small purple veins, some are really little. But it almost gives my breast a red appearance, or makes it look a bit bruised In certain lights. Especially if I look down on it. The other one has a few of them but not as noticeable at all.
    I said to the doctor why are you giving me cream? And he said because you’re worried. So I’m not really sure why he gave me it. Maybe because he thought it looked a bit dry. But that won’t make the veins disappear.
    I’m barely wearing a bra at the moment because I’m checking my boob so much I don’t see the point. I haven’t worn one all day today

He gave a 'placebo' Chlobo.

I don't know how long this latest fixation is going to last for you, but I hope its finished by Christmas, as in all honesty its a total waste of your 'living time'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    It doesn’t appear dry to me, it’s an area of small purple veins, some are really little. But it almost gives my breast a red appearance, or makes it look a bit bruised In certain lights. Especially if I look down on it. The other one has a few of them but not as noticeable at all.
    I said to the doctor why are you giving me cream? And he said because you’re worried. So I’m not really sure why he gave me it. Maybe because he thought it looked a bit dry. But that won’t make the veins disappear.
    I’m barely wearing a bra at the moment because I’m checking my boob so much I don’t see the point. I haven’t worn one all day today
    If you get up close to the blotchy area it’s little purple veins, a lot of them. Like almost spider veins but not as large.
    I’m too afraid to even use the cream, I know it won’t change how it looks and then I’ll panic even more.

For heaven's sake, Chlobo, get a life! It seems as though you're doing this to yourself deliberately.

The "cream" option is usually a fob off from the doctor who feels that you need "something" from the appointment as you are anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    He gave a 'placebo' Chlobo.

I don't know how long this latest fixation is going to last for you, but I hope its finished by Christmas, as in all honesty its a total waste of your 'living time'.
    I hope it is. I just feel like I need to keep watching it for any change, I don’t even know what my breast is meant to look like anymore. I’m just freaking out at the skin and everything.
    My mum said it looks the same as it did when I showed her before but I just don’t know anymore

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information