Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Small purple thread like veins on breast please help

Re: Small purple thread like veins on breast please help

You can't tag people - just PM her if you feel you need to.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nora is taking a short break from here, Chlobo. She's given you plenty of help recently. Why not take the initiative yourself and re-read all she has written? It's all still available.

Please let Nora take a break. We all need to protect our mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Please let Nora take a break. We all need to protect our mental health.
    I have re read what she has written, I won’t PM her if she’s taking a break, I don’t want to be annoying.
    I’m just pacing round my kitchen in tears, checking and checking.

you have been told there is nothing wrong

Go and google mindful relaxation videos and watch them

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I just need support right now, I’m a single mum of four small kids and I’m falling apart again
    You have been given a lot of support Chlobo, a lot of suggestion of how to respond to this. Support can't just mean reassurance - I mean - look how many people have told you there is literally nothing wrong with you and its made no difference to you checking, pacing and crying. Various friends, your Mum, a nurse and people on here. There is nothing wrong with you, but you won't believe that because you've not yet taken the first steps to changing how you think about this.

The list for self-reassurance should be like the following, reasons this is NOT IBC : (write it down, read it over and over when a negative thought comes to your mind)

1. A nurse has looked, she is a professional, she would spot IBC easily.
    2. I should trust a nurse, she knows what to look for and would refer me if she had the slightest concern.
    3. My friends have looked (5 individuals I think reading back this thread?), they would look out for me and care for me under all circumstances, I should trust them.
    4. IBC doesn't appear with little spider veins.
    5. I don't have ANY IBC symptoms.
    6. I have a history of imagining I have a serious illness, and I never do, so my pattern is self-evident on my threads.
    7. People on here have told me they have similar.
    8. It is normal to see small veins on breast tissue, and it is usually assymetrical.
    9. Everybody on here says they have similar.
    10. My Mother says there is nothing wrong, she has looked, would she lie to me ? No !
    11. Having had children, changed weight, breast fed, aged and had hormonal changes cause skin thickness and ability to see veins more easily.
    12. I am making myself ill and possibly affecting my children, and I have no real physical illness to be concerned about.
    13. The brain and my thought processes are playing tricks, the mind is a powerful thing and I am convincing myself of something wrong.
    14. My friends are worried about my mental health and NOT that I have IBC !
    15. The veins may well have been there for years, but I'm suddenly obsessing over them and checking constantly - this isn't healthy.
    16. There may be more.....add in anything I've missed.....

I'm glad you have a doctors appointment to address this, not the IBC, but the state you are driving yourself into. At the end of September you were on session 1 of a set of therapy, what happened with those ?
    Last edited by Carys; 10-11-21 at 22:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    At the end of September you were on session 1 of a set of therapy, what happened with those ?
    Great question!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    You have been given a lot of support Chlobo, a lot of suggestion of how to respond to this. Support can't just mean reassurance - I mean - look how many people have told you there is literally nothing wrong with you and its made no difference to you checking, pacing and crying. Various friends, your Mum, a nurse and people on here. There is nothing wrong with you, but you won't believe that because you've not yet taken the first steps to changing how you think about this.

The list for self-reassurance should be like the following, reasons this is NOT IBC : (write it down, read it over and over when a negative thought comes to your mind)

1. A nurse has looked, she is a professional, she would spot IBC easily.
    2. I should trust a nurse, she knows what to look for and would refer me if she had the slightest concern.
    3. My friends have looked (5 individuals I think reading back this thread?), they would look out for me and care for me under all circumstances, I should trust them.
    4. IBC doesn't appear with little spider veins.
    5. I don't have ANY IBC symptoms.
    6. I have a history of imagining I have a serious illness, and I never do, so my pattern is self-evident on my threads.
    7. People on here have told me they have similar.
    8. It is normal to see small veins on breast tissue, and it is usually assymetrical.
    9. Everybody on here says they have similar.
    10. My Mother says there is nothing wrong, she has looked, would she lie to me ? No !
    11. Having had children, changed weight, breast fed, aged and had hormonal changes cause skin thickness and ability to see veins more easily.
    12. I am making myself ill and possibly affecting my children, and I have no real physical illness to be concerned about.
    13. The brain and my thought processes are playing tricks, the mind is a powerful thing and I am convincing myself of something wrong.
    14. My friends are worried about my mental health and NOT that I have IBC !
    15. The veins may well have been there for years, but I'm suddenly obsessing over them and checking constantly - this isn't healthy.
    16. There may be more.....add in anything I've missed.....

I'm glad you have a doctors appointment to address this, not the IBC, but the state you are driving yourself into. At the end of September you were on session 1 of a set of therapy, what happened with those ?

Thank you. That list is really good.
    But it’s the pink area on my breast I’m worried about, it is a red/pink patch and the veins are inside that. And everything I read says a red area is a flag for IBC.

You probably have a red/pink patch from manhandling it so much, breast tissue is very sensitive and easy to mark.

Please, stop with this nonsense? If you won't accept that you're being irrational then there's nothing any of us can do.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You probably have a red/pink patch from manhandling it so much, breast tissue is very sensitive and easy to mark.

Please, stop with this nonsense? If you won't accept that you're being irrational then there's nothing any of us can do.
    I’m not manhandling it, there is a genuine pinky patch there which is why I’m so worried, but everyone I show says it’s just stretched boob from having kids and the veins are making it look more patchy

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information