Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obesity/Covid worry.

Obesity/Covid worry.

Hello. I’m 23 5feet 8 inches and considered morbidly obese. 365 pounds. (I’ve been trying to work on weight loss but it’s been difficult. I’m not giving up though)
    Anyway, a family member works and was vaccinated and doesn’t wear a mask. However I’ve yet to be vaccinated and noticed I’ve been feeling off. My nose is stuffed. I have a slight cough. And just feel achey throughout the day. I heard how death increases with patients who have obesity and since mine is very severe. I’m worried I may have it and will die. Any reassurance is appreciated.

Re: Obesity/Covid worry.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Can you not just do a test?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Obviously I’m getting a test done tomorrow but I’m worried until then. And worried about what if I have it. Hence why I’m looking for reassurance

ok well if it helps I have a sore throat and a cough and done a test and it is negative so you could just have a cold.

do you not have "at home" test kits over there like we do in the UK?

I’m not sure if we have any here. I’ll have to look some up.

If it should be Covid, would I be fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark8800 View Post
    If it should be Covid, would I be fine?
    Unfortunately with Covid, nobody can say that you’ll be fine. However, despite your weight increasing your risk, it’s still a fact that the vast majority of people experience a bit of a rough few days and get over it.

I would also note that your symptoms are not typical Covid symptoms, especially the stuffy nose. It sounds to me like you’re suffering from nothing more than a common cold.

Get your test and take it from there. I would also encourage you to get yourself vaccinated to vastly decrease your risk in the event that you do get Covid in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    ok well if it helps I have a sore throat and a cough and done a test and it is negative so you could just have a cold.
    That's exactly how I've been on and off since about Monday, despite taking 2 LFTs during the same time period that has elapsed and so far testing negative.

The absolute worst I ever recall feeling in terms of flus/viruses during my entire lifetime was in December 2000 at the age of 23, and it floored me for well over 3 weeks, but had mostly gone by about 3rd January 2001, despite still feeling the odd residual symptoms well into the middle of that month.

Probably the 'Covid' of the time, as it certainly had many of the hallmarks of Covid-19, but fortunately didn't seem to claim mass casualties though!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 05-11-21 at 10:22.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information