Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obesity/Covid worry.

Re: Obesity/Covid worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    That's exactly how I've been on and off since about Monday, despite taking 2 LFTs during the same time period that has elapsed and so far testing negative.

The absolute worst I ever recall feeling in terms of flus/viruses during my entire lifetime was in December 2000 at the age of 23, and it floored me for well over 3 weeks, but had mostly gone by about 3rd January 2001, despite still feeling the odd residual symptoms well into the middle of that month.

Probably the 'Covid' of the time, as it certainly had many of the hallmarks of Covid-19, but fortunately didn't seem to claim mass casualties though!
    I think the worst I've felt in terms of viruses LB was the Swine Flu. I can remember shaking like I never had with a flu virus before, and it seemed to last longer. I had Mumps when I was 20, that felt like an average flu. I didn't have any problems with the crown jewels thankfully which could have left me sterile.

We're lucky we aren't living a century ago with the likes of smallpox and TB.

Re: Obesity/Covid worry.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I think the worst I've felt in terms of viruses LB was the Swine Flu. I can remember shaking like I never had with a flu virus before, and it seemed to last longer. I had Mumps when I was 20, that felt like an average flu. I didn't have any problems with the crown jewels thankfully which could have left me sterile.

We're lucky we aren't living a century ago with the likes of smallpox and TB.
    For all its faults, that's one of the benefits of living in the 21st Century, unlike 100+ years ago.

As far as the 2009 Swine Flu pandemic was concerned, it thankfully seemed to pass me and my family by, plus I don't recall being overly fazed by it, despite a lot of the hysterical media coverage of it at the time.

With the benefit of hindsight, I have recently been musing on the aforementioned mystery flu virus back in late 2000 that really knocked both me and my dad for six at the time, as to whether or not it may have actually been something more serious than was realised at the time, especially as there seems to barely be any info online about any significant flu epidemics in the UK during late 2000 and early 2001.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information