Thread: Positive Covid Test Result Today - How Do I Stay Positive?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Positive Covid Test Result Today - How Do I Stay Positive?

Felt a bit funny when I got out of bed today, a bit warm, and spluttering. However the cough has gone. Took lateral flow test, and it was positive - I could not believe it. Took another, as I thought ‘surely this must be a mistake’? Well it looks like it’s not a mistake. Took PCR test in afternoon.

Only symptoms tonight are slightly warm skin, and I feel a slight dizziness when I stand up (had that with an ear infection.)

From a personal perspective, I’ve had the worst year of my life to date, my Mother died of a non Covid illness during the second lockdown. I live on my own, and suffer increasing anxiety mainly due to bereavement, and living in isolation for over 1 year due to lockdown. I have started drinking a LOT of lighter beers on daily basis, over the past year. I am on a small dose of Sertaline from Doctor.

My family support network has greatly diminished due to the events of the past year, though some family are sending me positive messages.

So my question is, it really does look COVID has got me. How do I stay positive? I am 49 years old.

I am terrified at the thought of how I will feel when I get up tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by panicperson1977; 07-11-21 at 22:20.

Thread Information