Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Positive Covid Test Result Today - How Do I Stay Positive?

Re: Positive Covid Test Result Today - How Do I Stay Positive?

I am now on day 6 of Covid. Symptoms of dizziness, aching etc seem to be tapering off. I cough a lot in the mornings, but it’s not persistent, and am breathing fine this evening. Total loss of sense of smell.

I was talking to a colleague on the phone the other day and she said the fatigue is terrible, but she absolutely hates the loss of taste. She is finding that more upsetting than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by panicperson1977 View Post
    @Shelly06. I was aware of someone about 15 feet away from spluttering earlier in week. I thought with the 2 metre rule the odds were would be low of me getting COVID would be very low at that distance. I’ve spent much of the past year cut off from people, and would not even meet old friends. Only visited my father.
    I thought the 2-metre rule was no longer applicable, at least not since July.

@Catkins, yes loss of smell, and taste one of the worst bits. I have a giant cupboard full of spices I have collected, and cannot taste any of them. I tried some, and they may as well be powdered cardboard.
    @Lenco. It might no longer be applicable in England (I don’t know.) However, I think it would still be wise to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I thought the 2-metre rule was no longer applicable, at least not since July.
    A lot of people treat it as a 'rule of thumb' that risk is minimal at two metres; however, it is a proper rule in my workplace.

Which most people ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    A lot of people treat it as a 'rule of thumb' that risk is minimal at two metres; however, it is a proper rule in my workplace.

Which most people ignore.
    You're right, PM. If I had my way, the 2-metre rule would still be mandatory.

I am posting this ‘post-covid’ to try and help others suffering anxiety from COVID. I am now outwith my quarantine period (day 12 I believe.)

My sense of smell is returning, my cough is disappearing, though the cough was quite mild in the first place. I’ve still got some slight sinusitis, but to be honest I had far worse sinusitis years ago, and this symptom is now fading also.

I was very worried indeed when I got the first positive test results, which began to fade around day 7.

Why have I apparently got off lightly, I cannot say. However, on saying this, I would under no circumstance underestimate this virus.
    Last edited by panicperson1977; 19-11-21 at 22:58.

Quote Originally Posted by panicperson1977 View Post
    Why have I apparently got off lightly, I cannot say.

Because you got infected with a virus that only causes mild disease. Unfortunately the media hyped it into the stratosphere and as a result, people were terrified and injected themselves with experimental genetic serum.

Quote Originally Posted by Flapj View Post
    Because you got infected with a virus that only causes mild disease. Unfortunately the media hyped it into the stratosphere and as a result, people were terrified and injected themselves with experimental genetic serum.
    Perhaps more so now with the Omicrons, but still not so much when this thread was first created, which was when Delta was still the foremost Covid variant in circulation the world over.

Goodness I had to literally check the username above that post to make sure this wasn't something I wrote and then forgot about it

I lost my mum in summer 2020 and recently have been having a lot of covid scares but I really don't know if I've caught it or not ever because I don't do the tests. I just monitor any suspected symptoms and take my temperature and that's about it really. I haven't had any obvious covid/cold/flu spells since 2017.

I knew taking tests would just scare me though, tbh >.<

I live an isolated life these days too although to be honest with covid about I have no issues with it!

I'm glad to hear you seem to have pulled through it fine

I hope things have improved a bit. I know losing a parent can be just awful and make life feel really quite different afterwards.

I wish you all the best and at least if we're isolated our odds of catching covid on repeat (with or without vaccines) are lower!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information