Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Positive Covid Test Result Today - How Do I Stay Positive?

Re: Positive Covid Test Result Today - How Do I Stay Positive?

@Hoppipolla. A very late reply to this thread as I have not been on this forum for a while. I am sorry it hear that you lost your mum, during the Pandemic. I have still not fully got over it, 2 years later. As for covid, 2 years after I got it, I reckon have got over 95% of my sense of smell back, however certain smells are badly distorted. It was a very strange virus!

Quote Originally Posted by panicperson1977 View Post
    @Hoppipolla. A very late reply to this thread as I have not been on this forum for a while. I am sorry it hear that you lost your mum, during the Pandemic. I have still not fully got over it, 2 years later. As for covid, 2 years after I got it, I reckon have got over 95% of my sense of smell back, however certain smells are badly distorted. It was a very strange virus!
    Going by your OP the start of your Covid infection (early November 2021) we were still (knowingly) in the very late Delta period as (original) Omicron BA.1 wasn't officially confirmed until later that same month, so it's very likely to have been Delta (and inadvertently 'long Covid') that you had.

Good to hear that you've got 95% of your sense of smell back though.

So sorry you are having a bad time and so sorry for your loss. It's been a horrendous time. It's all coming out of late the the vaccines were pretty useless and even dangerous so your instincts were correct, so it was likely a wise decision not to get one. As another person said, you will be fine even if you get "it".. unless you are very elderly or have severe illness of other types. In Australia they are now saying good old garlic cures covid!! What were all these vaccines pushed on people if all they needed was garlic. I'd add vitamin d and C as well. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by peg54321 View Post
    So sorry you are having a bad time and so sorry for your loss. It's been a horrendous time. It's all coming out of late the the vaccines were pretty useless and even dangerous so your instincts were correct, so it was likely a wise decision not to get one. As another person said, you will be fine even if you get "it".. unless you are very elderly or have severe illness of other types. In Australia they are now saying good old garlic cures covid!! What were all these vaccines pushed on people if all they needed was garlic. I'd add vitamin d and C as well. Best of luck.
    Well so far I certainly haven't heard of any extensive international news coverage of such a thing.

Sounds like what you may have heard/read are the usual antivaxxers, serial conspiracy theorists and general fake news-merchants sticking the knife in once again.

I've had about 4 Covid jabs in total now (the last one being in October 2022) and I'm still alive and well. Plus of course the formulations of the Covid vaccines have been tweaked more recently to cater for the later Omicron subvariants, plus there's reportedly a pan-coronavirus vaccine also in the pipeline.

Nevertheless, it's still of course your prerogative as to whether or not you get jabbed, but I personally would in the meantime advise against discouraging others on here from getting jabbed until there's any empirical evidence officially confirmed on a global scale, and inadvertently approved by the likes of the WHO, etc.

Everyone has a right to do what they want. That's what my government told me despite what can I call it - "encouragement" to take it.

You say there is no news about dangerous effects. There is. The CDC put out a warning to GP's about myocarditis in young males.

I'm so happy that you are fine thus far.

Regarding usefulness. There was alot of media coverage that the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting covid or passing it on. All it can do, they say, is reduce the severity of "the disease".

I would be careful of encouraging people to take it - given these new facts emerging of covid vaccine dangers, Specifically myocarditis and pericarditis.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ocarditis.html
    Last edited by peg54321; 26-06-23 at 22:10.

At the risk of being drawn into a vaccine debate (and I hope this isn't against forum rules), it's worth pointing out that the risk for heart problems is also present with covid infection - in fact is much higher, especially if unvaccinated:

https://www.heart.org/en/news/2022/0...-than-vaccines

I personally would rather take my chances with the vaccine than to have covid, which thankfully I've not yet had though I am still taking precautions and probably will for quite some time. I already have health anxiety, the last thing I need is to worry about long covid or covid complications. The vaccine is also more likely to provide immune protection from future infections, more so than having covid itself (there is also some suspicion that covid harms your immune system, which would obviously be the opposite effect you'd want if trying to be protected).

But I'm not here to convince anyone - to each their own. It's just important to have the facts.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I'm with you on this one, Poppy.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    At the risk of being drawn into a vaccine debate (and I hope this isn't against forum rules), it's worth pointing out that the risk for heart problems is also present with covid infection - in fact is much higher, especially if unvaccinated:

https://www.heart.org/en/news/2022/0...-than-vaccines

I personally would rather take my chances with the vaccine than to have covid, which thankfully I've not yet had though I am still taking precautions and probably will for quite some time. I already have health anxiety, the last thing I need is to worry about long covid or covid complications. The vaccine is also more likely to provide immune protection from future infections, more so than having covid itself (there is also some suspicion that covid harms your immune system, which would obviously be the opposite effect you'd want if trying to be protected).

But I'm not here to convince anyone - to each their own. It's just important to have the facts.
    Very wise words Poppy.

But at the same time I did also explain to Peg upthread that I still fully acknowledge everyone's rights not to get jabbed if they so insist.

Unfortunately, all the conflicting information that has abounded about the Covid jabs right from the off is very much a symptom of the so-called 'post-truth' society.

Also the chances of ending up in a car crash (sorry Darlene for potentially triggering you) are indeed far greater than developing vaccine-related complications by a country mile, but most of us still travel around in motor vehicles almost everyday without giving it as much as a second thought most of the time.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 27-06-23 at 19:34.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information