Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried I've eaten a Death Cap Mushroom by mistake.

Worried I've eaten a Death Cap Mushroom by mistake.

I recently bought a Soba Wok Style Teriyaki Pot Noodle from B&M (one with the green lid) I didn't know it had Mushrooms in it, until after eating it and then I started getting a very bad Stomach. My entire Stomach feels inflammed, which started about 20 minutes after eating it and I'm worried a Death Cap Mushroom was put in there by mistake when it was being made.

I've had the other flavours before (yellow, blue lid) and I've been ok, so I'm worried I've accidentally eaten a Poisonous Mushroom and I'm going to die from Kidney and Liver Failure. Read up there's nothing you can do if you consume a Death Cap Mushroom.
    Last edited by Indeedbeak; 08-11-21 at 19:01.

Re: Worried I've eaten a Death Cap Mushroom by mistake.

Well this seems very unlikely. I’m sure you’ll be fine. But try and find some way to relax yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're really reaching, mate.

Processed foods are made using cultivated mushrooms, and for some weird reason, nobody cultivates death cap mushrooms for the instant noodle market.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Well this seems very unlikely. I’m sure you’ll be fine. But try and find some way to relax yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know it seems very unlikely, don't think there's been a case of it ever happening anyway. Thank you, I'm just going to have some of my anti-anxiety meds.

Hi Indeedbeak, knowing something about fungi and all things natural, the chances of a Death Cap being used to make a pot noodle are astronomically small. Death caps are quite distinctive in having a yellowish-green hue to the cap surface and white gills underneath as opposed to brown/black with an edible field mushroom.

Your gastric disturbance is anxiety. I've had health anxiety too and know just how it works. Please believe me, that pot noodle is harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You're really reaching, mate.

Processed foods are made using cultivated mushrooms, and for some weird reason, nobody cultivates death cap mushrooms for the instant noodle market.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure how the process worked. I thought maybe, someone foraged one by mistake and it ended up in the Pot Noodle I bought.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Hi Indeedbeak, knowing something about fungi and all things natural, the chances of a Death Cap being used to make a pot noodle are astronomically small. Death caps are quite distinctive in having a yellowish-green hue to the cap surface and white gills underneath as opposed to brown/black with an edible field mushroom.

Your gastric disturbance is anxiety. I've had health anxiety too and know just how it works. Please believe me, that pot noodle is harmless.
    Thank you for your reply fishman65. My Anxiety has been really bad over the past year, I was recently discharged from a Section 2. And am waiting for more help, probably Psychotherapy, CBT etc.

Sorry if I seemed snarky there. I really hope you can move past this.

When I was a kid, my parents used to go to a mushroom farm, so I know they grow them by species.

That's good you are getting help, anxiety is awful isn't it, whatever form it takes. It never ceases to amaze me just what our minds can conjure up from the tiniest seed of doubt. Its how we react to that seed that matters. Look after yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Sorry if I seemed snarky there. I really hope you can move past this.

When I was a kid, my parents used to go to a mushroom farm, so I know they grow them by species.
    It's ok mate, no worries. It is a bit of a stretch I know, but for some reason I've had a fear of consuming poisonous mushrooms for a few year's now. Used to love mushrooms too, don't know where that fear came from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information