Hi all,

I'm 47 and have been a HA sufferer for years. My current (serious) worry is esophageal cancer. I've been taking Omeprazole (40 mg) for a couple of years (2016) now for heartburn issues, but lately it's been playing up again (burping, hiccups, feeling a bit queasy after meals, feeling crumbs in throat after eating). I've been reading a bit about Omeprazole and I've found that 40 mg is pretty much the maximum daily dosage. Then why on earth isn't it helping anymore, at least right now? Could this be related to my current anxiety? (of course, I hear you say...). Also intermittent lump in throat/globus sensation, which is new to me and freaks me out and abdominal aches (mainly in the lower right abdomen) which are not new, but do worry me.

Thanks to therapy I'm just about OK mentally most of the time, but on several times during the day I'm convinced that my body's riddled with cancer and the panic is almost overwhelming. Further intermittent symptoms: crampy feeling around the bellybutton, aches under the right jawline, foul taste in mouth.

I haven't (yet) been to the GP this time around, but fear that I will have to in order to break this "cycle". But on the other hand, surely I can't have throat cancer, esophageal cancer and bowel cancer all at once? Anyone who can relate or put my mind to rest a bit? Thanks!