Hi everyone, i was diagnosed with a UTI last week and was prescribed Macrobid. I started taking it on 11/1 and began experiencing some rough symptoms 3 days into a 5 day dose. The symptoms of the UTI improved, but I started feeling horrible. I had horrible body aches in my hands, arms, back, and legs. I was exhausted all the time and I couldn’t get rid of a horrible headache. I messaged my doctor to let them know and they seemed to just brush it off. They wanted me to continue taking the medication as long as I didn’t have any hives or a fever, even though the symptoms I was experiencing were worse then the UTI. I stopped taking it and my doctor finally switched me to Bactrim, which I’m starting today.

The problem is that the side effects haven’t seemed to go away since I stopped taking the medication and I’m starting to get scared. I’m so worried that I may have a worse infection, since I went a few days without taking anything. I have an appointment scheduled with my doctor tomorrow and I’m panicking until then. I was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences with Macrobid? My body still aches really badly and the head pressure/ache is persistent.