Thread: Back Again, Dose Increase

Back Again, Dose Increase

Hi all,

I used this forum around 7 years ago when I had my first severe depressive episode with acute anxiety. Couldn't remember my username or password so this is a new account.

I was on 100mg sertraline with my first episode, then I came off it and 4 years ago I had another episode so started on 50mg and have been on 50mg ever since.

Five days ago I was my normal self. Four days ago I was a mess. Just like that I began to get anxiety and panic again, crying throughout the day. I'm totally heartbroken to be having another episode.

What's most frightening is that this is the first episode I've had where I am already on medication. I'm afraid that the sertraline may have stopped working and I'm afraid to increase my dose. Should I expect side effects even though I've been on sertraline for four years?

I couldn't speak to my doctor today but I suspect he will recommend to increase my dose.

Re: Back Again, Dose Increase

Not an expert, but from my experience I have had episodes when I'm on medication which has resulted in a dose increase (not setraline). I'm not sure if I had side effects with a dose increase or if it was because I felt lousy anyway it was really hard to tell.

Personally I don't think my medication had stopped working, I just think that everything that was happening at the time was too much for me to cope with so the symptoms out weighed the benefit that the AD was having.

Thread Information