Thread: Getting angry with your HA

Getting angry with your HA

Hey, this might not work for everyone. Hell it doesn't even work for me every time. But lately when the twitching gets bad and I start to get scared, instead I just get pissed off. It's like "F*** you, you're not going to ruin my day. Twitch all you want, I'm not going back to the doctor, I'm not going back on a forum (even this one, if I can help it. No offense.) There's no weakness, no atrophy and there never has been."

I'm not totally sure how to explain it, I just sort of going into fight mode. I don't mean the fight in "fight-or-flight" I mean more like if some punk in a bar knocks into you and spills your beer and then starts talking shi** like it was your fault. Like that kind of fight mode LOL.

Anyway it's helped me through some tough moments. Wishing the best of luck to all the twitchers out there.

Re: Getting angry with your HA

Well I talk a big game but just today I overheard a co-worker say that a friend of hers just got diagnosed with ALS. When things like this happen, it just doesn't feel that rare anymore. Don't get me wrong - I am thanking God that I was cleared a year ago after an EMG. But my HA doesn't care about that. Tomorrow may be different but today I'm struggling.

Came back here just to say that I do feel better today. So it does happen. You don't have to spend every day dodging the rabbit hole. Your HA will keep asking you if your doctor said you were okay. And if you trust him/her. It's tiring but you just have to answer to shut your HA up. "Yes and yes. Moving on."

I'm on this ride with you. Here's to feeling better.

I just want to say I really endorse firmly telling off the HA. so thanks for posting both this, and a record of your ups-and-downs. Unfortunately, it can quickly become a full time job when the dragon is really hungry. That's the hard part. HA really will cling to the last bit it can wring from us. And just when you think it's taken all, it's back for more.

Quote Originally Posted by kyllikki View Post
    Unfortunately, it can quickly become a full time job when the dragon is really hungry.
    kyllikki, I hear ya!

Thread Information