Thread: Medication for Panic, depression or both?

Medication for Panic, depression or both?

Hi , I really need some help. I’m so confused. I’ve been suffering panic attacks and anxiety off and on, but mostly on, for nearly 3 years. The current state I’m in is compounded by the onset of winter/dark nights. I’ve tried all sort of things to try and help, made big lifestyle changes but it still comes back. I really am trying very hard. I’ve been on an older type of anti-depressant for years (lofepramine) but I think it’s either not working or not working well. I’ve recently spoken to my GP, who was pretty much useless. I’ve been trying to take a more natural approach and not rely on medication- not because I don’t want to take meds, but because I’m petrified of side effects and coming off them. I had a bad experience on Prozac years ago and it’s freaked me out ever since. I do seem to be super-sensitive to meds and some natural treatments and recently had a bad experience with CBD. I would gladly take anything as long as it helps. My counsellor is anti-meds but would support me if I decided to take them. My question is really, I’m wondering if I would be better paying to see a professional (psychiatrist maybe?) to try and find out where I’m at with it all. I could afford limited treatment but nothing ongoing. I’m already paying £40 per week for a counsellor. My worst time is at night and I spend all day dreading going to bed so would I be better with sleeping tablets for instance? I feel it’s all such a minefield. Sorry for the long post but I would truly be grateful for any advice or experiences anyone has. Thank you.

Re: Medication for Panic, depression or both?

You could try CBT, yoga, guided meditation, mindfulness. If you've tried them before you could try them again.

If you search the site you'll find lots of free resources.

Thread Information