Hi , I really need some help. I’m so confused. I’ve been suffering panic attacks and anxiety off and on, but mostly on, for nearly 3 years. The current state I’m in is compounded by the onset of winter/dark nights. I’ve tried all sort of things to try and help, made big lifestyle changes but it still comes back. I really am trying very hard. I’ve been on an older type of anti-depressant for years (lofepramine) but I think it’s either not working or not working well. I’ve recently spoken to my GP, who was pretty much useless. I’ve been trying to take a more natural approach and not rely on medication- not because I don’t want to take meds, but because I’m petrified of side effects and coming off them. I had a bad experience on Prozac years ago and it’s freaked me out ever since. I do seem to be super-sensitive to meds and some natural treatments and recently had a bad experience with CBD. I would gladly take anything as long as it helps. My counsellor is anti-meds but would support me if I decided to take them. My question is really, I’m wondering if I would be better paying to see a professional (psychiatrist maybe?) to try and find out where I’m at with it all. I could afford limited treatment but nothing ongoing. I’m already paying £40 per week for a counsellor. My worst time is at night and I spend all day dreading going to bed so would I be better with sleeping tablets for instance? I feel it’s all such a minefield. Sorry for the long post but I would truly be grateful for any advice or experiences anyone has. Thank you.