Thread: Heart Problems?..

Heart Problems?..

Hi everyone! I'm suffering from some bad health anxiety and I'm looking for some reassurance. I'm 21 years old, worried about my heart. Despite finally quitting smoking this year and being pretty high on the BMI
    I somehow, to my shock have a RHR under 60, yet it can rise up to 150. I feel so dizzy throughout the day and also seem to have high(ish???) blood pressure. 140/90 last i was in there, not being treated for it because my
    GP isn't worried whatsoever! Gave me an echo and a two day ECG monitor, both came up great! Yet I'll be walking around feeling rather dizzy, laying down usually helps it, exercise usually does as well which I've been doing a lot more of lately
    because I'm tired of being anxious about me being unhealthy and doing nothing about it. Heart attack and stroke being my biggest fears, since I don't know the statistics of my age group having heart attacks and strokes, and despite how much I fight the intrusive thoughts they keep me up at night. My left arm is a little sore, and I have BAD chest discomfort! Keep telling myself its a heart attack.. I'm trying to take the steps to a healthier life but I keep telling myself I'm too late.

Re: Heart Problems?..

Hi there,
    If you had echo and 2 day ecg and doc reckons your heart is ok then you need to trust them.
    FEAR is what releases the chemicals that make your heart rate shoot up.
    You are very young so continue the good work with the exercise and not smoking and ask for help for your anxiety asap, don't waste your life on the "what if's" like so many of us on here unfortunately have.
    Good luck!!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Dizziness is one of the most common symptoms of anxiety. I had it too. I even managed to convince myself that I have arm pain, and when it turned out it was the wrong arm my pain switched to the other side.

It's the best proof that our minds can play tricks on us when we feel anxious and hyper aware. If an ECG and a 2 day long Holter ECG didn't show any issues then your heart is fine. Did you already talk to your GP about treating your anxiety?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I've been trying to manage my anxiety, I talked to my GP and I'm hopefully going to be starting CBT soon. I just can't shake the thought of a stroke. This sort of started up when my GP suggested I at home monitor my BP for a week to see if I need blood thinners or if I have white coat syndrome, yesterday my BP was 170/110 so I got really worried. Urgent care wasn't worried at all and was sent home, have had facial numbness for the past two days on my right side. As of today I've been for the most part managing it a bit better, my BP is down truckloads, only slightly elevated. I'm working with my GP to work towards healthier life but in doing so I feel like I can't even eat a hotdog without it giving me a stroke. The numbness on the right side of my face is my only worry right now, and I hope CBT can help me get these fears behind me. I have no knowledge about how strokes work or how long the warning signs can happen, most likely for the better. I refuse to google any of this because once I visit my GP with my recorded BP results I'm throwing the cuff straight in the trash. I feel horrible about my slip up yesterday and I'm mad at myself that I still think I could be having a stroke. Has anyone found success in CBT? I'm nervous, and excited to start it because I otherwise, have not been managing it until now.

oh god ive relapsed, ive felt so tired all day and jm gettingbso much heart palpitations. i cant breathe well. i feel like im ligjt headed.

Go back and start doing what you were doing that helped last time. It's disheartening when you have a blip, but you got through it before and you can again.

It's a bumpy journey the road to recovery, don't beat yourself up about having bad days, we all have them.

Thread Information