Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3 year old boy ill since September

Re: 3 year old boy ill since September

Oh Adam, just wanted to say I totally sympathize with you. When my daughter was little and in preschool, it felt like she spent two full years sick - everything from flu bugs to ear infections to strep throat. I didn’t think we’d ever come out the other side of it.

On the bright side - she’s now 22, and is hardly ever sick. Maybe a head cold once a year. So it does get better!!!

Hi, my little granddaughter is the same. She holds the family record for Covid tests, never had a positive one.

One thing I DID learn which I don't remember from being a parent of toddlers is that after any tummy upset she has become temporarily lactose intolerant. My daughter was told by her GP that this is completely normal - first I'd ever heard of it! We find that keeping her off dairy for a couple of weeks works wonders. (She's half French and adores cheese so it's not easy!!) Hope you are reassured. x

Thanks for your comments guys. Looking back I think covid has affected his immune system and never recovered properly. We did take him off dairy for a week or so as we'd heard the same, can't really say whether it helped or not but this time round he doesn't have any stomach pains anyway which is good just a bad cough and breathing issues. It is hard to believe how ill he has been is common but hearing your stories has been really reassuring.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information