Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 year old boy ill since September

Re: 3 year old boy ill since September

Thanks Carys you've been a great help

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Oh good, so he was on the ball and will check further, if its needed, beyond this point. Thats nice to hear and hopefully it won't be needed, but you have a strategy there ready.

Yup definitely, you'll be a pro in a few years with knowing what is M Adenitis and what isn't. I just hope you don't end up like me with a 20 something year old still being the same, even with a cold LOL

Let us know how things go, wishing you sucessful antibiotics and a nice restful healing time for your little one.
    My daughter actually has the same, although it hasn’t been diagnosed it has been mentioned. She’s nearly 8 now, and gets tummy aches as soon as she’s ill, particularly if a fever is involved. Horrid to see them go through it. Sorry your daughter still has it C x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter had a period like this after starting daycare (initially fine then boom!) & my youngest son now. My daughter was ill every 2 weeks for about 8 months, just viruses but was a rough period with a few A&E visits so I understand how you feel.

Good thing is it passed & now we actually call her "the iron lady" because she rarely gets ill now. I think kids often have periods like this when building up immunity.

All 3 of my kids react differently to illness, one gets a cough that lasts weeks, one gets high fever & one pours with snott for weeks so it's probably just your sons version is stomach issues.

Hope it passes quick

Thanks Tom Tom

I hear this from a lot of parents now but for some reason I always believe my situation is worse but I know that is irrational thinking as I don't know what everyone else goes through and clearly my anxiety isn't helping the worries. It's just he's been ill a lot for 2 and a half months now and lost a lot of weight as well due to loss of appetite. Keeping my fingers crossed hes better soon but thanks for your reply and glad to hear your kids are well.

I have two boys; 6 and 4. They both got sick in August and it was like a sickness that wouldn’t go away. They would sort of get better and then get worse again. The younger one had croup and we were up all night with him several nights. The older one started getting pretty bad diarrhea to the point where we couldn’t take him to school. I never got to the bottom of what it was….but the both started getting better for good around October and are perfectly fine now. I know it’s not the exact same thing; but I can relate. It sucks when your kids get sick like that, but they will bounce back!

I thought I'd update people on this. Things got better then got worse. He was given a weeks course of antibiotics which really seemed to do the trick. Illness symptoms pretty much subsided and he was eating so much we was literally running out of food at times. Then yesterday morning a bit of a cough starts again, which progressed to a full on night of coughing fits and then this morning had high temperature again. Back to the doctors who examined him and said she could 'maybe hear something in lower right chest', she was going to prescribe more antibiotics but we put it on her a bit and she referred us to A&E and awaiting an Xray. I'm really worried now, she said she didn't know if it was just consecutive infections or if the original wasn't clearing. He was off nursery all week apart from Friday morning so he could have picked something up again then but this is just relentless and exhausting. I've cried many times today and I'm worried sick. I'm clinging to the fact he has been getting better in-between these illnesses as a positive sign of nothing too serious. His younger sister seemed like she had a little bit of a sniffle and cough this morning too so it may be he's caught something else. I'm keeping everything crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    I thought I'd update people on this. Things got better then got worse. He was given a weeks course of antibiotics which really seemed to do the trick. Illness symptoms pretty much subsided and he was eating so much we was literally running out of food at times. Then yesterday morning a bit of a cough starts again, which progressed to a full on night of coughing fits and then this morning had high temperature again. Back to the doctors who examined him and said she could 'maybe hear something in lower right chest', she was going to prescribe more antibiotics but we put it on her a bit and she referred us to A&E and awaiting an Xray. I'm really worried now, she said she didn't know if it was just consecutive infections or if the original wasn't clearing. He was off nursery all week apart from Friday morning so he could have picked something up again then but this is just relentless and exhausting. I've cried many times today and I'm worried sick. I'm clinging to the fact he has been getting better in-between these illnesses as a positive sign of nothing too serious. His younger sister seemed like she had a little bit of a sniffle and cough this morning too so it may be he's caught something else. I'm keeping everything crossed.
    Well I hope all is well, I’m sure it will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that you have another illness to content with - you are right though, he does get better in between and so clearly there is the ability to be well again. Do let us know how the A and E/Xray thing goes !

So his X Ray was fine thankfully. No antibiotics this time just some kind of inhaler to help open up his airways. Seems like he got another viral infection somehow because he's hardly been out and this is causing the issue now. A paediatric doctor said it was normal for them to be ill this often. I'm surprised by that but she checked him over and was confident. We just have to give him his inhaler now and hope it helps his breathing. He's been doing much better this afternoon. Man this is exhausting 😴

OH great, hes had a good check over - thats a relief for you. I think you made the right call to go up the hospital and explain everything to the doctor there. You'd only have been extra worried without that check-up, AND you've saved an unneccessary course of antibiotics ! I wonder - you know - you hear of adults who were really under the weather for ages after Covid, can children have the same ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information