Thread: Covid Long Haul Worries

Covid Long Haul Worries

Asking this cuz my health anxiety gets the best of me lately. Anyways I'm a 29 year old male, currently 380lbs and 6 foot 3, October and November 2020 I had a severe case of Covid, that advanced to double pneumonia. I eventually recovered fully, but since then was diagnosed with tachycardia and high blood pressure as of more recent. Now i am overweight and out of shape. But recently i read an article with a study done that people with covid have a 60 percent increase in passing within 6 months of recovering and its sent my anxiety into full worry again, now i know its been a year ive been fine and ive had an echo, multiple ekgs, chest xray, holter monitor, and 3 blood panels that all came back fine. Whats the chance that covid did something to my system or that i have future concerns to worry about? With all those tests, would they have been able to see if something was wrong with my heart or other systems?

Re: Covid Long Haul Worries

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Aundremyles View Post
    Asking this cuz my health anxiety gets the best of me lately. Anyways I'm a 29 year old male, currently 380lbs and 6 foot 3, October and November 2020 I had a severe case of Covid, that advanced to double pneumonia. I eventually recovered fully, but since then was diagnosed with tachycardia and high blood pressure as of more recent. Now i am overweight and out of shape. But recently i read an article with a study done that people with covid have a 60 percent increase in passing within 6 months of recovering and its sent my anxiety into full worry again, now i know its been a year ive been fine and ive had an echo, multiple ekgs, chest xray, holter monitor, and 3 blood panels that all came back fine. Whats the chance that covid did something to my system or that i have future concerns to worry about? With all those tests, would they have been able to see if something was wrong with my heart or other systems?
    So is your high weight because you have eaten badly in the past or is it accounted for by other things, e.g you once worked out a lot and there's still a lot of muscle involved?

As it stands, it looks like your youth prevented you from having a more serious outcome from Covid and all the heart tests you've had would seem to suggest that all is well with it, so I'd not worry about "what-ifs" for the future.

However... your excess weight will have an eventual impact on your heart health so if you feel you can address that issue, so much the better. It's easy for me to say this to a stranger, especially as I have failed so miserably to address my own similar problem ( 5' 9" and 270lbs) but I think it would be a wise thing to do. It won't be easy - if dieting were easy there'd not be a single overweight person in the world and nothing angers this Internet random more than those simplistic idiots who say "eat less, move more" without fully understanding why someone became overweight in the first place.

Give it some thought - it may help you in so many ways. You're half my age so you can really turn things around for your future.

Hello, sorry you had covid so bad. I'd say if it's been a year and you're fine and all your tests are fine, you don't have anything to worry about. If there was a chance that there was something seriously wrong, it would have been picked up on tests.

Thread Information