Hi,

This one might be a little off-beat but I just want to put it out there.

Growing up I had HUGE fear of doctors, needles, and medical procedures. One time in my 30's I had to go for an MRI because I was having weird seizure/pain episodes. I was prescribed some benzo for the day because I was freaking out about it.

Anyway, I had the appointment at 10am so I took the pill at 8am. At around 9am I left for the clinic but on the way there I noticed the wind was stronger than usual. As if I was walking against the wind. I felt pretty good! I get to the clinic and I'm calm as can be.

The nurse pops me down and inserts the needle without a problem. I say to the nurse, "throw the roast in the oven!" as she helps me into the machine. I almost fall asleep in there!

After the procedure was done I pack up and leave. But I'd forgotten something so I reenter the room. On the computer displays I can see my brain, all these red and green spots. Usually I'd freak out but this time I thought, "Oh well. If it's a brain tumour, I'll just take this pill again and have it operated on".

How crazy is that???

I went to work after that. I spent the day not doing much. That day I learnt the word "no!" at work. It seriously improved my professional life!

That was the only time I ever took diazepam (I took a similar drug for something else later) but I still have zero fear of needles!!! I don't care about them at all.

In fact, three weeks ago I had another MRI, without any problems, without any drugs, and I was zero anxious. Loads of needles at the hospital as well as a lumbar puncture.

BTW: I didn't have a brain tumour.