Thread: Cough for months

Cough for months

I have had a cough for months which seems to worse than ever now soar throat constant throat clearing acid reflux and sinus problems can not seem to get rid of it been on omeprazole which doesn't seem to be helping also been having loose stools for a while and a lot of gas can not stop thinking this is it and it Is cancer really worried now the doctor is sending me for a camera down my throat but said I don't meet the criteria for a 2 week fast track . He sent me for a chest x ray last week not had the results back yet just wanted to see if anyone else has had this or can give me some hope . I have been recommended to go on the fodmap diet so going to try this .

Re: Cough for months

Well my chest x ray has come back normal still coughing a lot and have a wheeze when breathing sometimes this is really getting me down don't know what to do . Do I just wait for the appointment for the camera down my throat or get back in touch with the doctors and go private for the camera as I think it must be my throat that is the problem . I had a camera up my nose and down my throat but only down to my vocal cords in February and a head and neck mri in May .

Have you told your doctor that omeprazole isn’t helping? It may mean they go on to endoscopy but that’s a good thing to help you get closer to finding out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I have told the doctor that it's not working he did say he is referring me for the camera but not as an urgent case so don't know how long I will have to wait

Thread Information