Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fed up

Bad week

Was at docs early this week (saw a nurse practitioner) asked me lots of questions etc prodded poked and ordered blood tests, and was concerned about my blood pressure so made appt to have this checked again For last 3 nights I have woke up at 3.00 am 2 of them with heart racing and sweat pouring off me, my stomach is burning constantly and I haven't been to toilet since Monday . When I lie down and start to fall asleep I get a horrible feeling thats difficult to describe .Feel terrible . Im really worried now .
    Last edited by sleepless65; 29-10-21 at 10:21.

Re: Bad week

Sorry for keep posting on here, but I just need somewhere to vent about this. Could the waking up be a panic attack? I have never had one my issues are mostly excessive worrying and obsessing over things.. Can these start in your 50s ? I thought I was having a heart attack or stroke and could feel a strong pulse in my neck head. Then tossed and turned and sweated for another 4 hours until it was time to get up.

Could easily be a nocturnal panic attack. Or are you menopausal? I've had those symptoms relating to the menopause.

Hi thanks for replying I'm a male so hopefully not that. Had a few episodes of crazy beating heart while in bed but never like that.Will see how I am over weekend, got another appt on Monday for bloods. I'm now worried about heart.

Yes anxiety/panic attacks can start at any point in ones life and the episodes you describe very well may be nocturnal panic attacks. I get similar episodes when I am overly stressed and worried about a particular situation.
    The best thing you can do is discuss these episodes along with your other symptoms with your doctor.

Thank you same thing happened last night , worried this is a brain tumor , heart racing was not quite as bad but so hot and wideawake . I'll stop posting my fears . But I'm dreading there is something wrong and i don't want to leave my sons.

I know I have a serious issue going on this is all physical and real , hang in to Monday and see doc.

Fed up

Was at docs 2 weeks ago and saw a nurse practitioner listened to my vague symptoms and not so vague and was poked and prodded and took more blood tests (came back satisfactory). Said my BP was a bit high now worrying about heart failure ,see cold feet,heart flutter below. I've got an appointment to retest BP next week .Also sent off a breath test and awaiting results for that.

Current list of issues in no particular order:

Globus, feeling of food sticking, Also can feel food and drink passing down pipe and entering stomach

Sore stomach

Waking up at 5.00 every day often feeling hot and sweaty

Can't sleep on sides get feeling of pressure on inside body and then start sweating heart racing this is new although been issue for left side for a few years now

Cold feet had for 4 months, at time this started it was middle of summer and I was also cold all over and had to have hot baths through day to warn me up ,this has gone away although feet still cold

Aches and pains everywhere, ribs, back , neck , head

Very tired

Tight breathing..deep breath feels tight around solar plexus. It's not exactly breathlessness just a tight feeling .

Today I did a normal solid bowel movement which was a relief as these are all over the place

Fluttering heart had before but happening more often now

Urinary issue for years every so often , I will go through period of needing to constantly go , even though I have empty bladder. This then goes away for weeks, months at a time .?

Al lot of this has been going in varying degrees for years But i'm convinced these symptoms are getting worse. I'm worried and this is really bringing me down

I have cut out coffee and tea since last appointment (I was drinking 1 often 2, 6 cup size moka pots a day plus several cups of tea in evening) ,take vitamins, and have started 5bx exercise plan...to see if that helps.Also walk a couple of miles a day.
    Last edited by sleepless65; 16-11-21 at 14:37.

I'm sorry you're struggling and I'm going to try to reply to your new thread while reading some of your backstory.

Re: Fed up

Hello there..

I'm really sorry to hear you're going through so much and it would appear that you're struggling to get proper diagnosis. For some of us, our symptoms are scatted and its not easy to 'pin-point' to one disease/disorder.

Sleep issues have plagued me for much of my life and I know all too well how it *can* affect our overall well-being and health. Its takes it toll on our physical health.

That is good to cut out coffee as it's not very good for people with digestive issues. I do drink it but suffer the consequences. I try to pick days to drink just sparkling water and cut our most sugar. Have you ever tried yogurt ?? Could help.

I know its not easy to 'power through' when everything is hitting you at once, but try to focus on your sleep and winding down 2 or 3 hours before bed time. Try to turn everything off ... that is what I have to do now. Are you on medication to help you sleep? I'm also trying to exercise more and walk shot spots around my complex and I don't feel safe on the street anymore because people have become vicious.

I wish you well and hope you feel better soon.

TC

~Sal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information