Thread: Feel like I'm losing my mind... please help

Feel like I'm losing my mind... please help

The other day I felt like I had saddle numbness (around the thighs and groin - not actually numb but just a reduced sensation feeling) and started freaking out about cauda equina. At times I feel like the sensations are normal again and then at others I'm not sure - however for the last few days, I feel like I have lost the urge to urinate and I'm freaking out. Even if I drink a lot of water, I don't get that usual urge (and I usually need to pee all the time! from anxiety). If I press down on my bladder I can feel that I need to go but otherwise nothing, even when I do end up peeing out quite a bit. I'm really freaking out that this is either a spinal tumour, cauda equina or even a brain tumour. I have a lower spinal MRI booked tomorrow and am so scared of bad news, but I'm scared even if it's fine I'll worry this is all because of a brain tumour then. It all just came out of nowhere and I don't see how a tumour could just cause these things to pop up overnight but I'm so so scared - I have never felt like a reduced need to urinate from anxiety (it always makes me need to go more) so I'm really scared. The only thing I am trying to possibly reason with is that I'm meant to start my period soon and so maybe that's causing me to be a bit backed up (sorry if TMI) and maybe that's affecting urinary sensation but I'm not sure :(
    I'm only 25 and feel like my life is ending..

Re: Feel like I'm losing my mind... please help

Really feeling like I am going crazy... need some reassurance :(

What coping strategies are you employing?

I do try and meditate but at this point I'm just finding things really difficult as I'm so convinced something is wrong that even that isn't working too well for me...

Okay. For now, you're able to type coherently on a messageboard. Therefore, there's nothing that much wrong. If you were actually losing your mind you wouldn't be aware of it, you're just afraid and you have a few faulty thinking patterns. No biggy.

I know, I have been through this so much before with anxiety. But I think this symptom is something that doesn't come up anywhere anxiety related when you google it - it only pops up on neurological defect websites relating to brain tumours and spinal tumours etc. I so badly just want to feel normal :( I even start worrying sometimes that this is linked to the vaccine (have read about Pfizer being linked to neurological issues), so I'm worried now this is the cause (even though I got the vax 6 weeks ago pretty much to the date that these symptoms started I still worry it's somehow related because who knows! everything is so unknown).

Maybe stop looking at websites that trigger you?

MRI in a few hours...freaking out. Now I even feel like my sense of taste has reduced - can anxiety really do this? I'm worried I have some horrible neurological or nerve issue :(

So an update - my MRI did come back all clear, but I think that the past few weeks of stress have caused me to become emotionally numb. I have never really felt like this before and I'm scared that it won't ever go away - I can't feel happy, sad, angry, nothing... I have moments where I know I feel excited in my head about something, but I feel nothing physically, and vice versa - like before I stubbed my toe and it hurt, but I felt nothing in my brain. Or I got scared because of a loud sound and I knew it scared me, but again, I 'felt' nothing - I am now scared it is either:
    1. Brain tumour in the emotional region
    2. Emotional blunting from past few weeks of anxiety. But when I have had something like this before, I still had some small moments of normal feeling and now nothing - and I think that's why my sense of taste/smell feel reduced too, because I get no pleasure out of them.
    It is really terrifying so if anyone has experienced this and knows what I can do, it would be a big help - ever since I started thinking about brain tumour I also feel like it's harder to think etc but I can't get out of this crazy loop. I don't even feel 'relief' or 'tired' anymore - literally just feeling nothing. Can this really just be anxiety?!

Hey dim. Did this ever go away? What you experinced

Thread Information