Thread: So didn’t want to make this post but can’t help myself

So didn’t want to make this post but can’t help myself

So basically I was doing a breast check at end of my period and I realised there was some sort of crease I wouldn’t say a dent but a crease on top of my breast on the side when the breast meets the armpit. However I noticed I could only see it in the mirror in the bathroom if I moved the mirror around the bathroom I couldn’t. I called my doctors and she called me in to check she did a breast examination and I tried to show her the line I was concerned about however as usual I couldn’t even spot in the surgery so I showed her the area. She said it was all smooth and she compared it with the other breast but said I had a bit of skin discolration hence it was looking like that .

I walked away feeling fine, and then I went and looked in the mirror again next day and I could still see the crease. I was panicking but my rationale kicked in said ok she’s checked and she examined both breast if she she remotely thought anything was wrong she would have said.

So spent the whole weekend worrying on and off and checking it, and as usual can only see it in a certain light and in a certain mirror.

On Tuesday I realised whilst checking that oh I’ve got a red patch on bottom of my breast panicked convinced it’s bad news rang gp and she called me back this time it was my usual go to gp who knows about my anxiety. She asked me what was bothering me and I said the mark and the crease
    She asked me to send images.she said the red mark is a blemish so I’m completely ok with that happy days and that crease as I sent her pic from the angle I could see it as a crease is probs cause of weight loss and I have loss some weight not a lot but bit. She said don’t worry and said I don’t have cancer

But now I’m thinking I’m still seeing the crease it’s still there and thinking was she looking at the right area on the pic ? Did she see some other creases and thought that’s the one I was talking about ? Should I have circled the crease so she knew exaclty what I was taking about ? All these thoughts are going round and round.

A part of me is saying you sent her a pic she looked at the whole pic if she found anything remotely wrong on the pic she would have noticed it’s her job, however I can’t help but feel they not looking at it correctly and in all honesty it’s scaring me deep down I know it’s nothing but the what if is driving me mad.

I can’t go back to the docs I’ve been checked twice once face to face and over telephone and both told
    Me I have nothing to worry about but in my head because I can see the crease i can’t think anything pass it, any helpful hints will be most welcome
    I am feeling very angry at myself at the moment that im thinking like this but can’t help my self

Re: So didn’t want to make this post but can’t help myself

You have to believe what they've told you, keep reminding yourself that both the GP and the nurse found nothing to be concerned about.

Keep busy and keep distracting yourself. Also avoid checking your boobs for a while, there is currently nothing of any concern there.

What techniques do you normally use when you are particularly anxious?

Re: So didn’t want to make this post but can’t help myself

@catkins, I normally write my thoughts down and write down why it’s not what I think it is, try to deduce checking (this time round I’m finding this hardest) abs also keep telling my self that the doctor is a professional I’m not. This time round though it just feels like my mind is taking a lot longer to get round to the idea that it’s nothing and I’m just struggling with it a lot more than usual as I can see the crease I know it’s there 🙈

Thread Information