Thread: return of anxiety

return of anxiety

Hi , after a few years of only mild anxiety symptoms I am back on NMP . I cant remember my previous username or email but i was a member for a long time about 2010 -17 .
    Due to too much stress with family issues I have slipped back into having night panics and many symptoms during the day .
    Im back into the phsyciatric system and because I have tried lots of SSRI SNRI meds and couldnt stand the side effects my phsychiatrist has prescribed Pregabalin 300mg twice a day and it is working well .

Im 64 now and developed osteoathritis in my knees which is depressing me as I cant do the things I used to do , at least not so good but manage some things . I,m double vacinated for covid and get the booster next week but like probably most of you it has affected my mental health .

This is a brief description of whats going on . More like a hello to you all and glad to be with you to share .

Re: return of anxiety

Great that you have found meds that work! Ageing is a ****- I'm only 51, but noticing that things creak now, and aches come and go all the time. Is it worth looking at a mobility scooter? Pride will be a barrier (I know I woudl hate it), but if it gets you about that will be good for your anxiety, I think.

Keep the faith, and stay safe!

Thanks for that , yes as the saying goes "old age doesnt come by itself" ( or something like that ) . I try not to see my self as an age though but TBH I hate being 65 .Your right ! I couldnt go on a skooter , at least not yet , oh dear what a though .

Your right about keeping the faith

Hiyer - who were you 'before' Tham ?

If you can remember any email addresses you may have used we can try and find your old login or maybe search for some of your old posts and see if you can find your previous login that way.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thnak you ,
    Last edited by tham; 30-11-21 at 12:04.

Tham, I think the mods would like you to privately send your email address.......

I have been bombarded with spam email since posting my email in the main form . My mistake.

Thread Information