Thread: Spotting 12 hrs after sex

Spotting 12 hrs after sex

Hi again guys!
    I used to be a regular on these forums, but the past couple of years Ive been doing really well.
    Unfortunately, a new health concern is triggering all those old feelings again, and I’m worried the HA might be trying to work its way back!
    So, life in the post HA world of moi, means I dismiss symptoms immediately and move on. It’s my coping mechanism, but I feel I can’t dismiss this!

I had my 2nd Covid jab in august. 2 days later I had some light spotting after sex (streaks of blood in discharge when I wiped). I dismissed it as side effect of the jab.
    But since then, I’ve had the same bloody discharge 50% of the times we’ve had sex. Always about 12 hours later, and always just some bloody streaks in discharge when I wipe.
    I also missed two periods before eventually getting my period last week. I don’t know if this is related?!
    Im 37.
    Im not on any medication or birth control.
    Im spiralling out of control with fear.
    Im scared that going back to my GP will be very triggering, and really don’t want to go 😩
    My smear test is due in 6 months.

What can I do?!
    Does it count as “bleeding after sex” if it happens 12 hours later?
    It happened again this afternoon (had sex last night) and I’m freaking out!

Re: Spotting 12 hrs after sex

Hi I thought I'd reply..as I've been there I was having spotting after sex for years was beside myself with worry turns out I had an ectorpiom on my cervix completly harness...if you ever want a chat send me a message ....you may have a small tare or friction burn down below has it only just started happening

Hi, thanks for replying!
    Can I ask what made you get checked out eventually? And what it took to get a diagnosis?
    I’ve only had 3 episodes of bleeding (probs only had full sex 6 times over 3 months so still been happening over a long enough period!)
    I’m wondering whether to wait and see if it goes away on its own, or get it checked out. My brain is battling over the two scenarios!
    I’ve realised it has only happened after we’ve done doggy style (sorry TMI) but doesn’t happen when I’m on top. 🤷*♀️ Dunno if that means anything? I guess I’m hoping it’s just caused by friction.
    I’m totally over-analysing, I’m so scared HA is returning!

I was having spotting after sex for a while ....so wanted to get an early smear to check....went private and got a smear which revealed the entropian...
    It can be a number of things I stressed myself out aseell major but asling as your smears are up to date I wouldnt worry too much.....

Thread Information