Thread: Colon/Bowel/Pancreatic/Stomach/Something else cancer? Losing my mind. (21M)

Colon/Bowel/Pancreatic/Stomach/Something else cancer? Losing my mind. (21M)

I need help. For about a week now I've had this on and off sharp pain on my lower left abdomen that is there occasionally and then goes away, and more rarely a pain somewhere else on my abdomen. I'm losing my mind over fears of having some sort of bowel or, worse, a pancreatic cancer. My stools are a bit narrow but other than that, I think I'm mostly fine except for physical/gastro symptoms caused by the anxiety, but I have a very difficult time shaking the thoughts and worries.

I went to the doctors about it on Saturday (November 20, 2021) and they took a urine test and said that they don't really suspect anything bad, and to give it a little bit more time. I have no problem with that, but I'm still losing my mind. I want an endoscopy, colonoscopy, and who knows what else. I just want a confirmation that I don't have any sort of cancer. I have no idea what to do. I don't know how to go about getting those tests, but oh man am I worried.

Re: Colon/Bowel/Pancreatic/Stomach/Something else cancer? Losing my mind. (21M)

HA anxiety can make someone lose their mind, no doubt about it. You're not alone and mate I've been there loads of times.

But I'd say, you're 21. You did a urine test and they don't suspect anything. Maybe go for a blood test? They can rule out a lot with that.

This has been going on for a week and my hunch is it is indigestion or something similar. You probably right that it's caused by anxiety and you're spinning out of control.

I'm not a doctor but I'll be frank: you have to take care of your anxiety and get a hold on that and CBT can help you. A good therapist would have prevented 40 years of intense anxiety for me.

Re: Colon/Bowel/Pancreatic/Stomach/Something else cancer? Losing my mind. (21M)

See, that's the thing. The way they do the urine test is in 2 stages, and while they initially don't suspect anything, I haven't gotten the second test results back yet.

I'd love to do a blood test, but I don't know how to get one for cancer.

Thread Information