Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pain below ribcage

Pain below ribcage

Hi all,

I have a lot going on at the moment and it has made my anxiety worse. I have been pushing in just below the middle of ribcage and feel like a cartilage type thing. It moves when I push it and although I am not worried about this, when I push around that area and slightly to the left I feel a slight discomfort. I cannot feel a lump or anything but it's like a tender pain which goes quickly. I should not have googled because cancer always come up! I feel it more when standing up and pushing in although I am not sure why I started doing it, maybe if felt a bit tender so I pushed in. I have had some muscle pain lately although may I have just been a bit under the weather, it feels slightly better today but Google worried me.

Re: Pain below ribcage

Willous: Doc, it hurts when I do this.

Doc: Don't do that!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Lots of tender squishy stuff in there. If you are having pain, see the doctor. Discomfort is probably just things being moved about that don't enjoy being moved about.

Thank you both.

My anxiety has got worse but I'm containing it. I spoke to the doctor the other day who didn't want to see me. It's like a dull ache worse when push in. I was fine until stomach cancer symptoms started showing! I thought the stomach was by the belly button but does it go as high as just below the middle of the ribcage? The pain is inside the body below the sternum (middle of ribcage).

Does anyone know if the upper stomach is by the lower sternum middle of ribcage?

Quote Originally Posted by willous1 View Post
    Does anyone know if the upper stomach is by the lower sternum middle of ribcage?
    C'mon... stop fixating on this. You're doing this to yourself needlessly

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

True! I am going to distract myself from it. I am moving in a couple of weeks and small trip to a lodge with the family booked. Have been under some stress lately which has not helped but looking forward to some time off work. I'm driving myself mad again and can't let it escalate.

Hope you are doing well!

Quote Originally Posted by willous1 View Post
    True! I am going to distract myself from it. I am moving in a couple of weeks and small trip to a lodge with the family booked. Have been under some stress lately which has not helped but looking forward to some time off work. I'm driving myself mad again and can't let it escalate.

Hope you are doing well!
    There you go bro! You got this! You have some changes coming and that's stressful anxiety or not. Enjoy your getaway and have a great holiday~ We're doing Ok

FMP

I'm trying so hard, I really am but I'm driving myself crazy. Now I'm feeling tummy issues all over, probably muscular but after I ate yesterday I felt really full up and had to Google. Pancreatic Cancer etc came up and I didn't sleep. Why do I do this! Just had lunch and I'm feeling so full again...could it be my brain, could it really be that powerful that it makes you feel symptoms like that?

Worried if I call doctors it will set my health anxiety off like before

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information