Thread: Internal piles

Internal piles

Hi I’ve not been here for ages. 3 weeks ago after bowel movement had bright red blood on toilet paper. Itchy and sore bottom have followed for past 3 weeks. Hurts to sit for a long time. Feels like it’s burning. Been for a run tonight after I’d had a bowel movement and when I came home went to toilet, wiped and it was fresh blood. Husband says internal piles or fissures. My mind says cancer. Please help.

Re: Internal piles

Yup piles.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by paranoidjh View Post
    Hi I’ve not been here for ages. 3 weeks ago after bowel movement had bright red blood on toilet paper. Itchy and sore bottom have followed for past 3 weeks. Hurts to sit for a long time. Feels like it’s burning. Been for a run tonight after I’d had a bowel movement and when I came home went to toilet, wiped and it was fresh blood. Husband says internal piles or fissures. My mind says cancer. Please help.
    Sounds exactly like the symptoms I’ve been dealing with. GP gave me an examination and said I have internal piles. I am still struggling with them though.

Try and increase your fluid and fibre intake. Don’t strain like I do, makes it so much worse!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deb350 View Post
    Sounds exactly like the symptoms I’ve been dealing with. GP gave me an examination and said I have internal piles. I am still struggling with them though.

Try and increase your fluid and fibre intake. Don’t strain like I do, makes it so much worse!!
    That is reassuring. Do you have pain with them. I get uncomfortable sitting file a long time.

That is reassuring. Do you have pain with them. I get uncomfortable sitting file a long time.
    Mainly the itching is my problem! it is freaking me out though, I can’t deny it. I’ve never had piles before and I can’t seem to get rid of them :(

Can’t Get Rid Of My Piles!!

Hi

Yes I’m still struggling with pile symptoms. I am currently awaiting a flexible sigmoidoscopy, my doctor has diagnosed internal piles but I’m
    not convinced. I’ve been trying various things to get rid of them but they are still bleeding :(

Does anyone have any good tips? I’ve tried creams and suppositories but found them of limited use.

If I could ease the symptoms I might be able to put my mind at rest.

Re: Can’t Get Rid Of My Piles!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deb350 View Post
    Hi

Yes I’m still struggling with pile symptoms. I am currently awaiting a flexible sigmoidoscopy, my doctor has diagnosed internal piles but I’m
    not convinced. I’ve been trying various things to get rid of them but they are still bleeding :(

Does anyone have any good tips? I’ve tried creams and suppositories but found them of limited use.

If I could ease the symptoms I might be able to put my mind at rest.
    Been to Dr’s this morning they’ve diagnosed fissure and given me GTN cream. Hopefully I can believe what they’ve said and that the cream will work. Told me it will give me headaches.

Been to Dr’s this morning they’ve diagnosed fissure and given me GTN cream. Hopefully I can believe what they’ve said and that the cream will work. Told me it will give me headaches.
    Glad you’ve been to the Dr’s. Did they say how long the fissure would take to heal?

Have to use GTN cream for 6-8 weeks.

Have to use GTN cream for 6-8 weeks.
    Crikey that is a long time. My GP said I may have internal piles and a possible fissure. No wonder it’s taking so long to clear up.

Thread Information